Watercraft Exposures & Insurance
Following this course, agents will better understand the risks involved in owning watercraft and the ways in which individuals and families can use insurance to protect themselves from these risks. Agents will be better able to recommend proper coverage forms and endorsements to their clients with watercraft exposures and will understand which forms and endorsements are important under various situations and for various clients.
Tennessee State Requirements
Continuing Education Hours
- Producers are required to complete 24 hours biennially, including 3 hours of ethics.
- Combination Multi-peril crop adjuster and L/H or P/C producers are required to take 48 hours, including 4 hours of ethics.
Core Subject Requirements
- Agents wishing to sell LTC must also complete a 8-hourLTC requirement prior to selling LTC products. The LTC requirement counts towards the completion of the basic CE requirement. By the end of each consecutive renewal period, agents must complete a 4-hour "refresher" state-approved LTC course to continue selling LTC.
- All Tennessee licensed resident insurance producers who sell federal flood insurance policies shall be required to complete a one time 3 hour requirement on flood insurance.
Continuing Education Compliance Date
The renewal date is the first day of the agent's birth month biennially. The renewal date for agents born in odd years will be in odd years, and the renewal date for agents born in even years will be in even years.
License Renewal Date
Same as CE compliance date.
Type of courses accepted for CE Credit
Independent self study courses or classroom
A maximum of 12 hours may be carried over to the next reporting period
Courses may not be repeated within 2 years from the original completion date.
Final exam does not need to be monitored.
- Individuals who are at least 65 years old
- Individuals who have been licensed continuously in Tennessee since January 1, 1994.
- Non resident agents if their state has CE requirements and has a reciprocal agreement with Tennessee
- Individuals on extended duty in the Armed Forces are exempt for the period of such duty.
- Limited Lines Licenses
Method to Certify Completion
You will be able to print your certificate of completion online once you have completed your exam. Course provider reports credits earned to the CE Administrator (Promissor). Agent submits copies of certificates of completion to Insurance Department with Renewal Notice. Original certificates of completion are kept in agent's files for 2 years.
For Additional Information please Contact:
Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance
Producer Licensing Section
500 James Robertson Parkway, 4th Floor
Nashville, TN 37243
Phone: 1-888-416-0868 or (615) 741-2693
Fax: (615) 532-2862 Promissor
State Website: http://www.state.tn.us/commerce/
System Requirements: Please note that Mozilla firefox 20 download here or Internet explorer 9 or higher: Download here This course automatically includes a downloadable textbook and/or other course materials which you may print if you desire. When you are finished studying your course, the exam is taken online and it is graded immediately. In most states you can also print your own certificate of completion, if you pass. There is no additional charge if you complete your course and exam completely online.
are required to view our website when you wish to access the learning center. You should also note that taking courses over a wireless internet connection is not advised. When taking your exams you should try to be on a wired internet connection to your computer.
If you prefer, however, you may purchase a printed book and/or printed exam at additional cost.
You have 3 options if purchasing the course outside a subscription:
- Online book and online exam - included in price - You receive no printed materials-everything is online.
- Printed book and online exam - $5 additional - You receive a printed book but take your exam online.
- Printed book and printed exam - $10 additional - You receive a printed book and printed exam which you mail or fax to us for grading.
For options 2 and 3, you will be able to choose either regular or express shipping during checkout.
Please choose your option carefully! There is no refund for printed materials or exams ordered by mistake!
If your state requires monitored exams, you must have your monitor sign-in and follow the monitor instructions BEFORE you begin the exam. See the State Information tab, Monitor tab and Help Center for more information.
How to Redeem Vouchers If you have received a CE voucher from an insurance company or wholesaler, you can redeem it by following these instructions.
- Choose your course format - see "course format" tab for more details or click "learn more" above options.
- Click on the red "buy" button to proceed to checkout.
- Be sure to enter your Voucher Code when checking out to apply your discount.
- You will be able to download the study materials immediately by clicking the red "Download Course" on your receipt. It will also be emailed to you and will be available for one year in your customer account.
- You will also be provided with a link and information to access the exam.
Your voucher covers an online book, online exam, grading and one CE certificate for insurance. It DOES NOT INCLUDE printed books, printed exams, state fees or CE certificate(s) or reporting for additional designations or types of CE, although they are available as options for additional charge.
If you choose printed books or exams, you will be charged the balance due during checkout.
If your state charges a fee to report your credit, this fee is due from you. When you check-out, you must pay this fee in order to access the course and obtain CE credit.
After you pass your exam, you will be able to purchase CE certificates for professional designations such as CFP, CPE, etc. you will be charged $10 for each one. Please DO NOT order these additional certificates unless you currently hold that professional designation. There are NO REFUNDS for additional certificates ordered and not needed.