Workers Compensation and Employers Liability Policy
By the end of this insurance continuing education course, agents should fully understand:
- The three major sections of the WC and EL policy.
- The State and Federal Workers Compensation laws.
- Why employers Liability coverage is still needed.
- What is provided by Other States coverage.
- How the policy responds to employees while out of state and country.
- Provisions, exclusions, conditions, etc. in the standard WC & EL policy.
- Major endorsements used to modify policy; how and when used.
- Overview of pricing and underwriting of WC & EL coverage.
This course will help agents to understand and explain to clients the coverages needed by employers due to various state and federal laws, the forms and endorsements available to meet those needs, and assist agents in recommending the proper coverage forms and endorsements for their client’s needs, allowing agents to provide better service to their clients.
New Jersey State Requirements
Continuing Education Hours
- 24 hours biennially, including 3 hours of ethics.
- Producers finishing a 4-year license will need to have completed 48 CE hours in order to renew the license. 6 hours of the required 48 CE hours must be in fraud/ethics. A 2-year license will be issued at renewal.
- All producers currently licensed to sell, solicit, and negotiate annuity products must complete a
one-time annuity training course approved for at least 4 hours
- All Public Adjusters must fulfill 15 CE hours every 2 year license term.
Course Subject Requirements
- Any course approved for CE in NJ may be taken for credit.
- 3 hours must be taken in Ethics.
- Property producers selling flood must also complete a 3 hour training class on flood insurance and the NFIP.
- Agents wishing to sell LTC must also complete a 8-hourLTC requirement prior to selling LTC products. The LTC requirement counts towards the completion of the basic CE requirement. By the end of each consecutive renewal period, agents must complete a 4-hour "refresher" state-approved LTC course to continue selling LTC.
Continuing Education Compliance Date
License Renewal Date
- Licenses will renew on the last day of the producers birth month every other year. Initial licenses and licenses transitioned to the new renewal periods will expire at the end of the birth month in the year that will result in a license term at least 18 months in duration.
Type of courses accepted for CE Credit
Self-study, Classroom study, or online courses.
Carryover of excess CE credit hours is NOT allowed.
Courses may not be taken for credit more than once in a license term. This rule applies to any variation of course types (self-study, classroom equivalent, etc).
Online classroom equivalent courses do not require a monitor. Online or paper-based Self-study final exams are required to be monitored by a disinterested third party. Monitors must be preapproved by us prior to completing an exam.
- Nonresident licensees in good standing with their home states are exempt from New Jersey CE requirements.
- Nonresident licensees who completed a NAIC LTC training course in another state are exempt from taking the special training requirement in New Jersey.
Method to Certify Completion
You will be able to print your certificate of completion online once you have completed your exam. The course provider reports credits earned to the CE Administrator (Promissor) within 30 days of course completion. The producer keeps the original certificates of completion in their files.
For Additional Information please Contact:
New Jersey Department of Banking and Insurance
PO Box 325
Trenton, NJ 08625
Phone:(609) 633-0818 ext 50552 or (609) 292-4337
Fax: (609) 292-5263
State Website: www.nj.gov/dobi/inslic.htm
To check the status of your CE credits for your state:
*You will need to provide your SSN and your Name or NJ License Number*
Go to http://www.promissor.com/
- 1. Under, "Find Other Services" click, "Continuing Education Tracking Services"
- 2. Select, "New Jersey Insurance" from the pull-down menu
- 3. Scroll down to the CE-Licensee services heading and click, "Licensee Course Transcript"
- 4. Input your SSN (NO DASHES) and your NJ License number or the first 5 letters of your last name. (If last name is less than 5 letters, input full last name)
- 5. Click, "Submit"
System Requirements: Please note that Mozilla firefox 20 download here or Internet explorer 9 or higher: Download here This course automatically includes a downloadable textbook and/or other course materials which you may print if you desire. When you are finished studying your course, the exam is taken online and it is graded immediately. In most states you can also print your own certificate of completion, if you pass. There is no additional charge if you complete your course and exam completely online.
are required to view our website when you wish to access the learning center. You should also note that taking courses over a wireless internet connection is not advised. When taking your exams you should try to be on a wired internet connection to your computer.
If you prefer, however, you may purchase a printed book and/or printed exam at additional cost.
You have 3 options if purchasing the course outside a subscription:
- Online book and online exam - included in price - You receive no printed materials-everything is online.
- Printed book and online exam - $5 additional - You receive a printed book but take your exam online.
- Printed book and printed exam - $10 additional - You receive a printed book and printed exam which you mail or fax to us for grading.
For options 2 and 3, you will be able to choose either regular or express shipping during checkout.
Please choose your option carefully! There is no refund for printed materials or exams ordered by mistake!
If your state requires monitored exams, you must have your monitor sign-in and follow the monitor instructions BEFORE you begin the exam. See the State Information tab, Monitor tab and Help Center for more information.
How to Redeem Vouchers If you have received a CE voucher from an insurance company or wholesaler, you can redeem it by following these instructions.
- Choose your course format - see "course format" tab for more details or click "learn more" above options.
- Click on the red "buy" button to proceed to checkout.
- Be sure to enter your Voucher Code when checking out to apply your discount.
- You will be able to download the study materials immediately by clicking the red "Download Course" on your receipt. It will also be emailed to you and will be available for one year in your customer account.
- You will also be provided with a link and information to access the exam.
Your voucher covers an online book, online exam, grading and one CE certificate for insurance. It DOES NOT INCLUDE printed books, printed exams, state fees or CE certificate(s) or reporting for additional designations or types of CE, although they are available as options for additional charge.
If you choose printed books or exams, you will be charged the balance due during checkout.
If your state charges a fee to report your credit, this fee is due from you. When you check-out, you must pay this fee in order to access the course and obtain CE credit.
After you pass your exam, you will be able to purchase CE certificates for professional designations such as CFP, CPE, etc. you will be charged $10 for each one. Please DO NOT order these additional certificates unless you currently hold that professional designation. There are NO REFUNDS for additional certificates ordered and not needed.
Monitor Instructions - General
Your state requires that your exam(s) MUST be monitored. The qualifications of the person who must monitor your exam are explained on the monitor form. The person monitoring your exam must be with you prior to beginning to take the exam. Taking the exam without your monitor present will invalidate your exam results and certificate.
The monitor must print, sign and complete the affidavit found by clicking Printable Monitor Form to indicate that the exam was taken without any outside help from any source. Please fax the completed monitor form to: (619) 421-8171 immediately after completing the exam. Your exam will not be completed, and no CE credit will be awarded or reported to your state, until the properly completed, signed monitor form has been received (along with any state reporting fees that may be due).