Workers Compensation and Employers Liability Policy
By the end of this insurance continuing education course, agents should fully understand:
- The three major sections of the WC and EL policy.
- The State and Federal Workers Compensation laws.
- Why employers Liability coverage is still needed.
- What is provided by Other States coverage.
- How the policy responds to employees while out of state and country.
- Provisions, exclusions, conditions, etc. in the standard WC & EL policy.
- Major endorsements used to modify policy; how and when used.
- Overview of pricing and underwriting of WC & EL coverage.
This course will help agents to understand and explain to clients the coverages needed by employers due to various state and federal laws, the forms and endorsements available to meet those needs, and assist agents in recommending the proper coverage forms and endorsements for their client’s needs, allowing agents to provide better service to their clients.
Nebraska State Requirements
Last Updated: 12/13/2013
Continuing Education Hours
- Life and Health: 24 hours biennially, including 3 hours of ethics
- Variable Contracts: 24 hours biennially, including 3 hours of ethics
- Property and Casualty: 24 hours biennially, including 3 hours of ethics
- Combined LH/PC: 24 hours biennially, including 3 hours of ethics
- Personal Lines P&C: 24 hours biennially, including 3 hours of ethics
- Consultants (Public Adjusters:) 24 hours biennially, including 3 hours of ethics
- Title: 6 hours biennially, including 3 hours of ethics
- Crop only or Fidelity and Surety only: 6 hours biennially, including 3 hours of ethics (Note: If the licensee is licensed in any other line of insurance that requires CE credit hours, the credit hours required for Crop insurance and Fidelity and Surety insurance is 6 credit hours for each line.)
- Remainder of limited lines (that are not exempt): 6 hours biennially
Course Subject Requirements
- Courses must be approved for lines of insurance for which license is held.
- Maximum hours to be reported in any 2-year period are 24 hours for producers and consultants.
- All Nebraska resident insurance producers licensed in property/casualty lines of authority that may sell a flood insurance policy must complete a one-time course related to NFIP which will provide at least 3 of continuing education credit. These three hours are not required in addition to the normal 24 hours.
- All producers currently licensed to sell, solicit, and negotiate annuity products must complete a one-time annuity training course approved for at least 4 hours.
Continuing Education Compliance Date
License Renewal after license is held for 2 years and biennially thereafter. Insurance department requests renewal filing 45 days prior to license renewal.
License Renewal Date
Insurance department requests renewal filing 45 days prior to license renewal. The renewal date is the last day of birth month, biennially. Producers born in even years renew in even years; born in odd years renew in odd years.
Types of courses accepted for CE Credit
Independent self-study courses and Classroom study.
Exams to be Monitored by a Disinterested Third Party. The monitor can be any impartial person who is not concerned with the result of the examination or the success of the student. The monitor cannot be related (by family) to the student. (Examples are: Teachers, Librarians, Church Leaders, Neighbors, etc.)
Excess CE credit hours may not be carried over to the next reporting period.
Courses (including courses approved to meet the ethics requirement) may not be taken for credit more than once in a four-year period.
- Individuals who hold a limited-lines license for credit life/credit accident and health, auto mechanical breakdown, prepaid legal, motor club, prepaid dental, health maintenance organization or unemployment credit insurance.
- Non residents are exempt.
Method to Certify Completion
The certificate of completion will be printed and mailed to your permanent address that we have on file. The licensee submits the original certificates of completion and the CE filing fee of $5.00 to the insurance department with the license renewal form. Licensee keeps copy of certificates of completion in his or her files for four years.
For Additional Information please Contact:
Nebraska Insurance Department Licensing Division
Suite 400, Terminal Building
941 "O" St.
Lincoln, NE 68508-3639
Phone: (402) 471-4913 or (402) 471-4659
State Website: http://www.doi.ne.gov/
This course comes in the form of a printed textbook and exam. When you have finished studying your course, you may take the exam and send the answer sheet to us.
ATTN: Agents taking exams for Nebraska CE
The state of Nebraska requires that all answer sheets sent in to the CE Provider be the original; no copies or faxing. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please mail your exam answer sheet to:
PO Box 786, Bonita, CA 91908
For all other states, please fax answer sheets to (619) 421-8171.
You will be able to choose either regular or express shipping during checkout.
Please choose your option carefully! There is no refund for printed materials or exams ordered by mistake!
How to Redeem Vouchers If you have received a CE voucher from an insurance company or wholesaler, you can redeem it by following these instructions.
- Choose your course format - see "course format" tab for more details or click "learn more" above options.
- Click on the red "buy" button to proceed to checkout.
- Be sure to enter your Voucher Code when checking out to apply your discount.
- You will be able to download the study materials immediately by clicking the red "Download Course" on your receipt. It will also be emailed to you and will be available for one year in your customer account.
- You will also be provided with a link and information to access the exam.
Your voucher covers an online book, online exam, grading and one CE certificate for insurance. It DOES NOT INCLUDE printed books, printed exams, state fees or CE certificate(s) or reporting for additional designations or types of CE, although they are available as options for additional charge.
If you choose printed books or exams, you will be charged the balance due during checkout.
If your state charges a fee to report your credit, this fee is due from you. When you check-out, you must pay this fee in order to access the course and obtain CE credit.
After you pass your exam, you will be able to purchase CE certificates for professional designations such as CFP, CPE, etc. you will be charged $10 for each one. Please DO NOT order these additional certificates unless you currently hold that professional designation. There are NO REFUNDS for additional certificates ordered and not needed.
Monitor Instructions - Nebraska
Your state requires that your exam(s) MUST be monitored. The qualifications of the person who must monitor your exam are explained on the monitor form. The person monitoring your exam must be with you prior to beginning to take the exam. Taking the exam without your monitor present will invalidate your exam results and certificate.
The monitor must print, sign and complete the affidavit found by clicking Printable Monitor Form to indicate that the exam was taken without any outside help from any source.
The monitor must Mail the finished monitor form to our office at:
Sandi Kruise Inc
PO Box 786
Bonita, CA 91908-0786