Workers Compensation and Employers Liability Policy
By the end of this insurance continuing education course, agents should fully understand:
- The three major sections of the WC and EL policy.
- The State and Federal Workers Compensation laws.
- Why employers Liability coverage is still needed.
- What is provided by Other States coverage.
- How the policy responds to employees while out of state and country.
- Provisions, exclusions, conditions, etc. in the standard WC & EL policy.
- Major endorsements used to modify policy; how and when used.
- Overview of pricing and underwriting of WC & EL coverage.
This course will help agents to understand and explain to clients the coverages needed by employers due to various state and federal laws, the forms and endorsements available to meet those needs, and assist agents in recommending the proper coverage forms and endorsements for their client’s needs, allowing agents to provide better service to their clients.
Connecticut State Requirements
Continuing Education Hours
- 24 hours required every two years.
Course Subject Requirements
- At least 3 hours must be in CE insurance law & regulation and/or ethics.
- At least 6 hours must be taken in each line for which the producer is licensed (LH, PC and Variable are all separate lines).
- Effective February 18, 2012, all annuity producers must complete a one-time 4-hour annuity training course.
- All property and casualty producers and personal lines producers must complete a one-time 3-hour flood training course.
- Life settlement brokers must complete 15 hours of CE every 2 years by March 31st.
Long-Term Care Partnership (LTCP) producers must meet additional requirements, including:
- The producer must be licensed as an Accident and Health producer in Connecticut and hold a valid license.
- The producer must complete an initial 8-hour LTCP online course to begin offering LTCP, or a live 4-hour classroom course to continue offering LTCP.
Continuing Education Compliance Date
All continuing education credits must be achieved by the date of the license renewal.
License expires on producer's birthday, every 2 years.
Types of Courses Accepted for CE Credit
Self study courses and classroom courses.
Self-study final exams are required to be monitored by a disinterested third party (i.e. someone with no business or family relationship to the student).
Excess CE credit hours may not be carried over to the next reporting period.
Courses may not be taken more than once in each reporting period.
- Individuals who became licensed during the second year of the biennium are exempt for that first reporting period.
- Producers who only hold Surety Bail Bond license, limited lines of authority such as, Credit and Accident/Travel Baggage.
- Casualty Adjusters.
- Those serving in US military on active duty outside Connecticut during substantial part of compliance period.
Method to Certify Completion
Your certificate of completion will be emailed to you after you have completed your exam. The course provider reports credits earned to CE administrator within one business day of course completion or receipt of examination. The producer keeps certificates of completion in his or her files for the current and previous CE period.
A roster fee of $3.75 per course ordered is required to process course completion hours in Connecticut
Exempt if producer's home state has a reciprocal agreement with Connecticut. Producer must submit proof of compliance, letter of certification or PDB printout, with license renewal. If producer's home state does not have a CE reciprocal agreement, producer must comply with Connecticut's CE requirement. Producer must submit CE filing fee to Thomson Prometric. Annuity training and LTC training requirements must still be satisfied.
For Additional Information Please Contact
Connecticut Insurance Department
PO Box 816
Hartford, CT 06142-0816
Connecticut Department of Insurance
153 Market St.
Hartford, CT 06103
Phone: (860) 297-3845
State Website: http://www.ct.gov/cid/site/default.asp
System Requirements: Please note that Mozilla firefox 20 download here or Internet explorer 9 or higher: Download here This course automatically includes a downloadable textbook and/or other course materials which you may print if you desire. When you are finished studying your course, the exam is taken online and it is graded immediately. In most states you can also print your own certificate of completion, if you pass. There is no additional charge if you complete your course and exam completely online.
are required to view our website when you wish to access the learning center. You should also note that taking courses over a wireless internet connection is not advised. When taking your exams you should try to be on a wired internet connection to your computer.
If you prefer, however, you may purchase a printed book and/or printed exam at additional cost.
You have 3 options if purchasing the course outside a subscription:
- Online book and online exam - included in price - You receive no printed materials-everything is online.
- Printed book and online exam - $5 additional - You receive a printed book but take your exam online.
- Printed book and printed exam - $10 additional - You receive a printed book and printed exam which you mail or fax to us for grading.
For options 2 and 3, you will be able to choose either regular or express shipping during checkout.
Please choose your option carefully! There is no refund for printed materials or exams ordered by mistake!
If your state requires monitored exams, you must have your monitor sign-in and follow the monitor instructions BEFORE you begin the exam. See the State Information tab, Monitor tab and Help Center for more information.
How to Redeem Vouchers If you have received a CE voucher from an insurance company or wholesaler, you can redeem it by following these instructions.
- Choose your course format - see "course format" tab for more details or click "learn more" above options.
- Click on the red "buy" button to proceed to checkout.
- Be sure to enter your Voucher Code when checking out to apply your discount.
- You will be able to download the study materials immediately by clicking the red "Download Course" on your receipt. It will also be emailed to you and will be available for one year in your customer account.
- You will also be provided with a link and information to access the exam.
Your voucher covers an online book, online exam, grading and one CE certificate for insurance. It DOES NOT INCLUDE printed books, printed exams, state fees or CE certificate(s) or reporting for additional designations or types of CE, although they are available as options for additional charge.
If you choose printed books or exams, you will be charged the balance due during checkout.
If your state charges a fee to report your credit, this fee is due from you. When you check-out, you must pay this fee in order to access the course and obtain CE credit.
After you pass your exam, you will be able to purchase CE certificates for professional designations such as CFP, CPE, etc. you will be charged $10 for each one. Please DO NOT order these additional certificates unless you currently hold that professional designation. There are NO REFUNDS for additional certificates ordered and not needed.
Monitor Instructions - General
Your state requires that your exam(s) MUST be monitored. The qualifications of the person who must monitor your exam are explained on the monitor form. The person monitoring your exam must be with you prior to beginning to take the exam. Taking the exam without your monitor present will invalidate your exam results and certificate.
The monitor must print, sign and complete the affidavit found by clicking Printable Monitor Form to indicate that the exam was taken without any outside help from any source. Please fax the completed monitor form to: (619) 421-8171 immediately after completing the exam. Your exam will not be completed, and no CE credit will be awarded or reported to your state, until the properly completed, signed monitor form has been received (along with any state reporting fees that may be due).