Workers Compensation and Employers Liability Policy
By the end of this insurance continuing education course, agents should fully understand:
- The three major sections of the WC and EL policy.
- The State and Federal Workers Compensation laws.
- Why employers Liability coverage is still needed.
- What is provided by Other States coverage.
- How the policy responds to employees while out of state and country.
- Provisions, exclusions, conditions, etc. in the standard WC & EL policy.
- Major endorsements used to modify policy; how and when used.
- Overview of pricing and underwriting of WC & EL coverage.
This course will help agents to understand and explain to clients the coverages needed by employers due to various state and federal laws, the forms and endorsements available to meet those needs, and assist agents in recommending the proper coverage forms and endorsements for their client’s needs, allowing agents to provide better service to their clients.
Arizona State Requirements
Continuing Education Hours
- License periods beginning prior to January 1, 2014: 40 hours required every 4 years.
- License periods beginning on or after January 1, 2014: All licensees must complete 48 CE hours including 6 hours of Ethics every 4 year license term.
Long Term Care (LTC) Insurance Training
Initial 8-hour training requirement: Before selling, soliciting or negotiating LTC insurance products in Arizona, a producer must be licensed with the "Accident and Health or Sickness" line of authority; and have completed eight (8) hours of Arizona approved initial LTC training.
Ongoing 4-hour training requirement: A 4-hour follow-up course must be completed during every two-year period succeeding July 1, 2009, after the two-year period in which the person satisfied the initial 8-hour LTC training requirement.
Nonresident producers may take an 8-hour NAIC course approved for use in any licensed state.
Flood Insurance Training
All Arizona-licensed resident insurance producers who sell federal flood insurance policies are required to complete a one-time 3-hour requirement on flood insurance.
Continuing Education Compliance Date
All continuing education credits must be achieved by the date of the license renewal.
Renewal date is last day of the licensee's birth month, every 4 years.
Type of Courses Accepted for CE Credit
Independent self study courses or classroom courses.
Excess CE credit hours may not be carried over to the next reporting period.
Courses may not be taken for credit more than once in a license period.
Self-study course exams must be physically monitored by a CE provider or a designee of the provider who is a licensed Arizona producer or a person in the business of administering examinations (e.g., Prometric Testing Center, Sylvan Learning Center).
- Licensees who have been continuously licensed in Arizona as an insurance agent, broker or producer since January 1, 1995 and have not held a nonresident license in any other state at any time since January 1, 1995
- Licensees have never been the subject of an order of the director of insurance for a violation of Arizona insurance laws (ARS Title 20) that resulted in your license being suspended, revoked, denied or not renewed; or, that required you to cease and desist from unlawful activity; or, that required you to pay restitution or a civil penalty.
- Non-residents whose home state has a continuing education requirement, are not required to complete Arizona continuing education.
- Resident and non-resident adjusters
Method to Certify Completion
Your certificate of completion will be emailed to the address on your account. The course provider submits credits earned to the CE administrator (Prometric) within 1-3 business days of course completion. The course provider issues the licensee a certificate of course completion and maintains records for 5 years. The licensee submits the original certificate of completion with the renewal application. Copies must be kept in files until second renewal date for which the CE credits were earned.
For Additional Information Please Contact
Arizona Insurance Department
2910 N. 44th St., Ste 210
Phoenix, AZ 85018-7256
Phone: (602) 364-4457
Fax: (602) 364-4460
State Website: http://www.id.state.az.us/
Phone: (800) 899-4184
Address: Attn: Arizona CE
1260 Energy Lane
St. Paul, MN 55108
System Requirements: Please note that Mozilla firefox 20 download here or Internet explorer 9 or higher: Download here This course automatically includes a downloadable textbook and/or other course materials which you may print if you desire. When you are finished studying your course, the exam is taken online and it is graded immediately. In most states you can also print your own certificate of completion, if you pass. There is no additional charge if you complete your course and exam completely online.
are required to view our website when you wish to access the learning center. You should also note that taking courses over a wireless internet connection is not advised. When taking your exams you should try to be on a wired internet connection to your computer.
If you prefer, however, you may purchase a printed book and/or printed exam at additional cost.
You have 3 options if purchasing the course outside a subscription:
- Online book and online exam - included in price - You receive no printed materials-everything is online.
- Printed book and online exam - $5 additional - You receive a printed book but take your exam online.
- Printed book and printed exam - $10 additional - You receive a printed book and printed exam which you mail or fax to us for grading.
For options 2 and 3, you will be able to choose either regular or express shipping during checkout.
Please choose your option carefully! There is no refund for printed materials or exams ordered by mistake!
If your state requires monitored exams, you must have your monitor sign-in and follow the monitor instructions BEFORE you begin the exam. See the State Information tab, Monitor tab and Help Center for more information.
How to Redeem Vouchers If you have received a CE voucher from an insurance company or wholesaler, you can redeem it by following these instructions.
- Choose your course format - see "course format" tab for more details or click "learn more" above options.
- Click on the red "buy" button to proceed to checkout.
- Be sure to enter your Voucher Code when checking out to apply your discount.
- You will be able to download the study materials immediately by clicking the red "Download Course" on your receipt. It will also be emailed to you and will be available for one year in your customer account.
- You will also be provided with a link and information to access the exam.
Your voucher covers an online book, online exam, grading and one CE certificate for insurance. It DOES NOT INCLUDE printed books, printed exams, state fees or CE certificate(s) or reporting for additional designations or types of CE, although they are available as options for additional charge.
If you choose printed books or exams, you will be charged the balance due during checkout.
If your state charges a fee to report your credit, this fee is due from you. When you check-out, you must pay this fee in order to access the course and obtain CE credit.
After you pass your exam, you will be able to purchase CE certificates for professional designations such as CFP, CPE, etc. you will be charged $10 for each one. Please DO NOT order these additional certificates unless you currently hold that professional designation. There are NO REFUNDS for additional certificates ordered and not needed.
Monitor Instructions - Arizona
Your state requires that your exam(s) MUST be monitored. The qualifications of the person who must monitor your exam are explained on the monitor form. The person monitoring your exam must be with you prior to beginning to take the exam. Taking the exam without your monitor present will invalidate your exam results and certificate.
The monitor must print, sign and complete the affidavit found by clicking Printable Monitor Form to indicate that the exam was taken without any outside help from any source. Please fax the completed monitor form to: (619) 421-8171 immediately after completing the exam. Your exam will not be completed, and no CE credit will be awarded or reported to your state, until the properly completed, signed monitor form has been received (along with any state reporting fees that may be due).