4-Hour NAIC Long-Term Care and Partnership
THIS COURSE MUST ONLY BE TAKEN IF YOU HAVE ALREADY TAKEN THE 8-HOUR NAIC LTC COURSE DURING A PRIOR LICENSE PERIOD!
The Deficit Reduction Act made it possible for all states who wish to to offer Partnership for Long-term Care policies. The NAIC model law and regulation specify that agents must meet certain continuation requirements in order to sell this product. In most states, agents will be required to take an 8-hour course in order to transact any type of LTC/Partnership LTC insurance policies. Agents must then take a 4-hour CE course each license period.
This course will satisfy the requirement for ongoing CE required by your state to continue to sell LTC/Partnership insurance. If you have a group of agents to train, please contact us regarding group discounts or in-house training.
For the most up to date information about Long Term Care & Partnership in your state click here.
West Virginia State Requirements
Continuing Education Hours
- 24 CE credit hours biennially, 3 hours of which must be approved Ethics courses.
- Agents who sell only pre-need burial insurance contracts or who engage solely in telemarketing insurance products using a scripted presentation that has been filed with and approved by the insurance commissioner must complete six hours triennially.
- Agents who only sell limited lines must complete 6 hours, including 3 hours of ethics.
Course Subject Requirements
- 3 hours must be in Ethics approved courses.
- All West Virginia licensed resident insurance producers who sell federal flood insurance policies shall be required to complete a one-time 3 hour requirement on flood insurance.
- An individual who attends a professional designation class, or takes a self-study course and passes the national exam will receive 24 CE credit hours.
- Agents wishing to sell annuities must also complete a one-time, 4 hour annuities course.
- Agents wishing to sell LTC must also complete a 8-hourLTC requirement prior to selling LTC products. The LTC requirement counts towards the completion of the basic CE requirement. By the end of each consecutive renewal period, agents must complete a 4-hour "refresher" state-approved LTC course to continue selling LTC.
Continuing Education Compliance Date
The CE compliance period begins July 1 and ends June 30 every 2 years on even numbered years. The current compliance period is July 1, 2010-June 30, 2012. All resident producers whose original license date is prior to July 1, 2011, must comply with continuing education by June 30, 2012. Resident producers whose original license date is on or after July 1, 2011, (start of the second year of the biennium) are exempt for that compliance period.
The renewal date is the last day of the agent's birth month biennially. The renewal date for agents born in odd years will be in odd years, and the renewal date for agents born in even years will be in even years.
Types of courses accepted for CE Credit
Independent self-study or Classroom study.
Self-study final exams are required to be monitored by a disinterested third party (i.e. someone with no business or family relationship to the student).
Up to 6 CE credit hours may be carried over to the next reporting period.
Courses may not be taken for credit more than once in a biennium.
- Individuals who are licensed only limited lines credit.
- A newly licensed individual who received their license on or after 7/1 of the second year of a biennium is exempt for the first reporting period.
- Individuals holding limited lines licenses for which an exam is not required.
- Individuals holding any limited or restricted license that the commissioner may declare exempt.
Method to Certify Completion
You will be able to print your certificate of completion online once you have completed your exam. The course provider reports credits earned to Thomson Prometric. The agent keeps the original certificates of completion in his or her files.
A roster fee of $1.50 per CE hour is required to process course completion hours in West Virginia and will be added to the order upon checkout.
For Additional Information please Contact:
West Virginia Insurance Department
Agents Licensing & Education
P.O. Box 50541
Charleston, WV 25305
Phone: (304) 558-0610
Fax: (304) 558-4966
Thomson Prometric: (800) 805-9127
State Website: http://www.wvinsurance.gov/
System Requirements: Please note that Internet explorer 8 or higher: Download here
Or Mozilla Firefox 3.5 or higher: Download here are required to view our website when you wish to access the learning center.
This course is taken online in a slideshow format. Throughout the course lessons there will be questions and interactions for you to assist you in the learning process. These interactions may be multiple choice questions, matching terms, sequencing terms, etc.
After all of the lessons are completed, you can proceed to the final exam.
If your state requires monitored exams, you must have your monitor sign-in and follow the monitor instructions BEFORE you begin the exam. See the State Information tab, Monitor tab, and Help Center for more information.
This course is available to the student for one calendar year from the time of purchase.
How to Redeem Vouchers If you have received a CE voucher from an insurance company or wholesaler, you can redeem it by following these instructions.
- Choose your course format - see "course format" tab for more details or click "learn more" above options.
- Click on the red "buy" button to proceed to checkout.
- Be sure to enter your Voucher Code when checking out to apply your discount.
- You will be able to download the study materials immediately by clicking the red "Download Course" on your receipt. It will also be emailed to you and will be available for one year in your customer account.
- You will also be provided with a link and information to access the exam.
Your voucher covers an online book, online exam, grading and one CE certificate for insurance. It DOES NOT INCLUDE printed books, printed exams, state fees or CE certificate(s) or reporting for additional designations or types of CE, although they are available as options for additional charge.
If you choose printed books or exams, you will be charged the balance due during checkout.
If your state charges a fee to report your credit, this fee is due from you. When you check-out, you must pay this fee in order to access the course and obtain CE credit.
After you pass your exam, you will be able to purchase CE certificates for professional designations such as CFP, CPE, etc. you will be charged $10 for each one. Please DO NOT order these additional certificates unless you currently hold that professional designation. There are NO REFUNDS for additional certificates ordered and not needed.
Monitor Instructions - West Virginia
Your state requires that your exam(s) MUST be monitored. The qualifications of the person who must monitor your exam are explained on the monitor form. The person monitoring your exam must be with you prior to beginning to take the exam. Taking the exam without your monitor present will invalidate your exam results and certificate.
The monitor must print, sign and complete the affidavit found by clicking Printable Monitor Form to indicate that the exam was taken without any outside help from any source. Please fax the completed monitor form to: (619) 421-8171 immediately after completing the exam. Your exam will not be completed, and no CE credit will be awarded or reported to your state, until the properly completed, signed monitor form has been received (along with any state reporting fees that may be due).