4-Hour NAIC Long-Term Care and Partnership
THIS COURSE MUST ONLY BE TAKEN IF YOU HAVE ALREADY TAKEN THE 8-HOUR NAIC LTC COURSE DURING A PRIOR LICENSE PERIOD!
The Deficit Reduction Act made it possible for all states who wish to to offer Partnership for Long-term Care policies. The NAIC model law and regulation specify that agents must meet certain continuation requirements in order to sell this product. In most states, agents will be required to take an 8-hour course in order to transact any type of LTC/Partnership LTC insurance policies. Agents must then take a 4-hour CE course each license period.
This course will satisfy the requirement for ongoing CE required by your state to continue to sell LTC/Partnership insurance. If you have a group of agents to train, please contact us regarding group discounts or in-house training.
For the most up to date information about Long Term Care & Partnership in your state click here.
Wisconsin State Requirements
Continuing Education Hours
- 24 hours biennially, including 3 hours of ethics.
- Life settlement brokers must complete an initial training course of 8 hours prior to applying for the license.
Course Subject Requirements
- All Wisconsin licensed resident insurance producers who sell federal flood insurance policies shall be required to complete a one time 3 hour requirement on flood insurance.
- Agents wishing to sell annuities must also complete a one-time, 4 hour annuities course.
- Agents wishing to sell LTC must also complete a 8-hourLTC requirement prior to selling LTC products. The LTC requirement counts towards the completion of the basic CE requirement. By the end of each consecutive renewal period, agents must complete a 4-hour "refresher" state-approved LTC course to continue selling LTC.
- Wisconsin Medicaid Training: Non-residents who have completed the initial LTC Partnership Training course in another state must take a 2-hour Medicaid Training course specific to Wisconsin.
Continuing Education Compliance Date
License renews on last day of licensee birth month even/odd years. Licenses issued in even years will renew in even years; licenses issued in odd years will renew in odd years.
License Renewal Date
License renewal date is the same date as compliance date.
Type of courses accepted for CE Credit
Classroom study and independent self-study courses and online courses.
Courses may not be repeated within the same reporting period
Independent self-study and online final examinations are required to be monitored by a disinterested third party.
- Individuals who have an exclusive limited line insurance license for credit, managing general agent, legal expense or title insurance.
- Individuals who become seriously ill or disabled or who serve on active military duty outside WI may request a waiver of the CE requirement for a specific reporting period.
Method to Certify Completion
You will be able to print your certificate of completion online once you have completed your exam. The course provider reports credits earned to the CE administrator (Sircon). The CE administrator (Sircon) will send a transcript to the agent at least 60 days prior to the compliance date. The agent keeps the original certificates of completion in their files for 4 years.
Exempt if agent completes home state CE requirement
For Additional Information please Contact:
Wisconsin Office of the Insurance Commissioner Agent Licensing Section
Office of the Commissioner of Insurance
125 S. Webster St.
Madison, WI 53703-3474
Phone: (608) 266-3585, Madison; (800) 236-8517, statewide
State Website: http://oci.wi.gov/oci_home.htm
System Requirements: Please note that Internet explorer 8 or higher: Download here
Or Mozilla Firefox 3.5 or higher: Download here are required to view our website when you wish to access the learning center.
This course is taken online in a slideshow format. Throughout the course lessons there will be questions and interactions for you to assist you in the learning process. These interactions may be multiple choice questions, matching terms, sequencing terms, etc.
After all of the lessons are completed, you can proceed to the final exam.
If your state requires monitored exams, you must have your monitor sign-in and follow the monitor instructions BEFORE you begin the exam. See the State Information tab, Monitor tab, and Help Center for more information.
This course is available to the student for one calendar year from the time of purchase.
How to Redeem Vouchers If you have received a CE voucher from an insurance company or wholesaler, you can redeem it by following these instructions.
- Choose your course format - see "course format" tab for more details or click "learn more" above options.
- Click on the red "buy" button to proceed to checkout.
- Be sure to enter your Voucher Code when checking out to apply your discount.
- You will be able to download the study materials immediately by clicking the red "Download Course" on your receipt. It will also be emailed to you and will be available for one year in your customer account.
- You will also be provided with a link and information to access the exam.
Your voucher covers an online book, online exam, grading and one CE certificate for insurance. It DOES NOT INCLUDE printed books, printed exams, state fees or CE certificate(s) or reporting for additional designations or types of CE, although they are available as options for additional charge.
If you choose printed books or exams, you will be charged the balance due during checkout.
If your state charges a fee to report your credit, this fee is due from you. When you check-out, you must pay this fee in order to access the course and obtain CE credit.
After you pass your exam, you will be able to purchase CE certificates for professional designations such as CFP, CPE, etc. you will be charged $10 for each one. Please DO NOT order these additional certificates unless you currently hold that professional designation. There are NO REFUNDS for additional certificates ordered and not needed.
Monitor Instructions - General
Your state requires that your exam(s) MUST be monitored. The qualifications of the person who must monitor your exam are explained on the monitor form. The person monitoring your exam must be with you prior to beginning to take the exam. Taking the exam without your monitor present will invalidate your exam results and certificate.
The monitor must print, sign and complete the affidavit found by clicking Printable Monitor Form to indicate that the exam was taken without any outside help from any source. Please fax the completed monitor form to: (619) 421-8171 immediately after completing the exam. Your exam will not be completed, and no CE credit will be awarded or reported to your state, until the properly completed, signed monitor form has been received (along with any state reporting fees that may be due).