NAIC Long-Term Care and Partnership
Wisconsin 2-hour non-resident update
This course is specifically written to give notice to agents that are non-residents of Wisconsin of changes and differences that the state of Wisconsin has in their NAIC LTC course compared to the version they have taken in their resident state.
This course is required to take if an agent wishes to sell LTC in Wisconsin, and they have already taken their home state's NAIC LTC required course.
Wisconsin State Requirements
Continuing Education Hours
- 24 hours biennially, including 3 hours of ethics.
- Life settlement brokers must complete an initial training course of 8 hours prior to applying for the license.
Course Subject Requirements
- All Wisconsin licensed resident insurance producers who sell federal flood insurance policies shall be required to complete a one time 3 hour requirement on flood insurance.
- Agents wishing to sell annuities must also complete a one-time, 4 hour annuities course.
- Agents wishing to sell LTC must also complete a 8-hourLTC requirement prior to selling LTC products. The LTC requirement counts towards the completion of the basic CE requirement. By the end of each consecutive renewal period, agents must complete a 4-hour "refresher" state-approved LTC course to continue selling LTC.
- Wisconsin Medicaid Training: Non-residents who have completed the initial LTC Partnership Training course in another state must take a 2-hour Medicaid Training course specific to Wisconsin.
Continuing Education Compliance Date
License renews on last day of licensee birth month even/odd years. Licenses issued in even years will renew in even years; licenses issued in odd years will renew in odd years.
License Renewal Date
License renewal date is the same date as compliance date.
Type of courses accepted for CE Credit
Classroom study and independent self-study courses and online courses.
Courses may not be repeated within the same reporting period
Independent self-study and online final examinations are required to be monitored by a disinterested third party.
- Individuals who have an exclusive limited line insurance license for credit, managing general agent, legal expense or title insurance.
- Individuals who become seriously ill or disabled or who serve on active military duty outside WI may request a waiver of the CE requirement for a specific reporting period.
Method to Certify Completion
You will be able to print your certificate of completion online once you have completed your exam. The course provider reports credits earned to the CE administrator (Sircon). The CE administrator (Sircon) will send a transcript to the agent at least 60 days prior to the compliance date. The agent keeps the original certificates of completion in their files for 4 years.
Exempt if agent completes home state CE requirement
For Additional Information please Contact:
Wisconsin Office of the Insurance Commissioner Agent Licensing Section
Office of the Commissioner of Insurance
125 S. Webster St.
Madison, WI 53703-3474
Phone: (608) 266-3585, Madison; (800) 236-8517, statewide
State Website: http://oci.wi.gov/oci_home.htm
System Requirements: Please note that Mozilla firefox 20 download here or Internet explorer 9 or higher: Download here This course automatically includes a downloadable textbook and/or other course materials which you may print if you desire. When you are finished studying your course, the exam is taken online and it is graded immediately. In most states you can also print your own certificate of completion, if you pass. There is no additional charge if you complete your course and exam completely online.
are required to view our website when you wish to access the learning center. You should also note that taking courses over a wireless internet connection is not advised. When taking your exams you should try to be on a wired internet connection to your computer.
If you prefer, however, you may purchase a printed book and/or printed exam at additional cost.
You have 3 options if purchasing the course outside a subscription:
- Online book and online exam - included in price - You receive no printed materials-everything is online.
- Printed book and online exam - $5 additional - You receive a printed book but take your exam online.
- Printed book and printed exam - $10 additional - You receive a printed book and printed exam which you mail or fax to us for grading.
For options 2 and 3, you will be able to choose either regular or express shipping during checkout.
Please choose your option carefully! There is no refund for printed materials or exams ordered by mistake!
If your state requires monitored exams, you must have your monitor sign-in and follow the monitor instructions BEFORE you begin the exam. See the State Information tab, Monitor tab and Help Center for more information.
How to Redeem Vouchers If you have received a CE voucher from an insurance company or wholesaler, you can redeem it by following these instructions.
- Choose your course format - see "course format" tab for more details or click "learn more" above options.
- Click on the red "buy" button to proceed to checkout.
- Be sure to enter your Voucher Code when checking out to apply your discount.
- You will be able to download the study materials immediately by clicking the red "Download Course" on your receipt. It will also be emailed to you and will be available for one year in your customer account.
- You will also be provided with a link and information to access the exam.
Your voucher covers an online book, online exam, grading and one CE certificate for insurance. It DOES NOT INCLUDE printed books, printed exams, state fees or CE certificate(s) or reporting for additional designations or types of CE, although they are available as options for additional charge.
If you choose printed books or exams, you will be charged the balance due during checkout.
If your state charges a fee to report your credit, this fee is due from you. When you check-out, you must pay this fee in order to access the course and obtain CE credit.
After you pass your exam, you will be able to purchase CE certificates for professional designations such as CFP, CPE, etc. you will be charged $10 for each one. Please DO NOT order these additional certificates unless you currently hold that professional designation. There are NO REFUNDS for additional certificates ordered and not needed.
Monitor Instructions - General
Your state requires that your exam(s) MUST be monitored. The qualifications of the person who must monitor your exam are explained on the monitor form. The person monitoring your exam must be with you prior to beginning to take the exam. Taking the exam without your monitor present will invalidate your exam results and certificate.
The monitor must print, sign and complete the affidavit found by clicking Printable Monitor Form to indicate that the exam was taken without any outside help from any source. Please fax the completed monitor form to: (619) 421-8171 immediately after completing the exam. Your exam will not be completed, and no CE credit will be awarded or reported to your state, until the properly completed, signed monitor form has been received (along with any state reporting fees that may be due).
Optional PACE or CFP Credit
Many of our Insurance CE courses are also approved for CE credit for agents who hold professional designations such as CLU, ChFC, CFP. The type of CE credit and number of hours approved are listed above in the course description.If you hold a professional designation you may request a certificate for courses taken and exams passed for insurance CE credit. If you pass and exam and would like to get additional credit for one of these designations, please use the link to the left: "CFP & PACE Credit".
If you do not hold a professional designation and do not need any type of CE other than for your insurance license renewal, please do not order a PACE or CFP certificate. It will not benefit you and once ordered, there are no refunds!
There are no refunds for certificates ordered by mistake!