NAIC Long-Term Care and PartnershipThe Deficit Reduction Act made it possible for all states who wish to to offer Partnership for Long-term Care policies. The NAIC model law and regulation specify that agents must meet certain continuation requirements in order to sell this product. In most states, agents will be required to take this 8-hour course in order to transact any type of LTC insurance, but especially the new Partnership policies. In a few states a specific state curriculum will be required, either in addition to, or instead of the 8-hour course.
We are offering the 8-hour course as well as specific state curriculums or supplements which are required by NAIC model Act in order to sell the expansion of Long-term care partnership programs under the DRA, and the price is as low as $19.50 per student. If you have a group of agents to train, please contact us regarding group discounts or in-house training.
For the most up to date information about Long Term Care & Partnership in your state click here.
Washington State Requirements
Continuing Education Hours
- Producers: 24 hours biennially.
- Individuals licensed for vehicle authority will be required to comply with continuing education requirements beginning with renewals.
Course Subject Requirements
- Agents must complete 3 hours of ethics education.
- Agents can take courses from any license type to complete their CE, however, the OIC suggests that licensees take courses covering the lines of insurance they are involved with most often.
- Agents wishing to sell LTC must also complete a 8-hourLTC requirement prior to selling LTC products. The LTC requirement counts towards the completion of the basic CE requirement. Every 24 months, agents must complete a 4-hour "refresher" state-approved LTC course to continue selling LTC based on the LTC training model
- Agents wishing to sell flood insurance must also complete a one-time, 3 hour flood course approved for National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) training.
- Effective March 29, 2012: all agents wishing to sell annuities must also complete a one-time, 4 hour annuities course based on the NAIC training model.
Continuing Education Compliance Date
Same as license renewal date.
License Renewal Date
License renewal date is the licensee's date of birth, biennially.
Type of courses accepted for CE Credit
Independent self-study courses or classroom.
Carryover of excess CE credit hours is not allowed.
A course can be completed once for credit each license renewal cycle.
Final exams are not required to be monitored.
- Nonresidents (unless they sell long-term care).
- Military activation or medical condition that prevents the agent from completing CE
- Resident adjusters and producers holding only limited credit insurance, travel insurance, or surety licenses are exempt from CE requirements.
Method to Certify Completion
You will be able to print your certificate of completion online once you have completed your exam. The course provider will submit credits earned to the CE administrator within one business day of course completion. The licensee keeps the original certificates of completion in their files for three years. LTC credits: the insurer certifies to the Commissioner that its appointees are in compliance with the requirement.
Exempt, except for long-term care requirement.
For Additional Information please Contact:
Office of Ins. Commissioner
Attn: Producer Licensing & Oversight
P.O. Box 40255
Olympia, WA 98504-0255
Phone: (360) 725-7146 or (360) 725-7144
Fax: (360) 586-2019
State Website: http://www.insurance.wa.gov/
System Requirements: Please note that Mozilla firefox 20 download here or Internet explorer 9 or higher: Download here This course automatically includes a downloadable textbook and/or other course materials which you may print if you desire. When you are finished studying your course, the exam is taken online and it is graded immediately. In most states you can also print your own certificate of completion, if you pass. There is no additional charge if you complete your course and exam completely online.
are required to view our website when you wish to access the learning center. You should also note that taking courses over a wireless internet connection is not advised. When taking your exams you should try to be on a wired internet connection to your computer.
If you prefer, however, you may purchase a printed book and/or printed exam at additional cost.
You have 3 options if purchasing the course outside a subscription:
- Online book and online exam - included in price - You receive no printed materials-everything is online.
- Printed book and online exam - $5 additional - You receive a printed book but take your exam online.
- Printed book and printed exam - $10 additional - You receive a printed book and printed exam which you mail or fax to us for grading.
For options 2 and 3, you will be able to choose either regular or express shipping during checkout.
Please choose your option carefully! There is no refund for printed materials or exams ordered by mistake!
If your state requires monitored exams, you must have your monitor sign-in and follow the monitor instructions BEFORE you begin the exam. See the State Information tab, Monitor tab and Help Center for more information.
How to Redeem Vouchers If you have received a CE voucher from an insurance company or wholesaler, you can redeem it by following these instructions.
- Choose your course format - see "course format" tab for more details or click "learn more" above options.
- Click on the red "buy" button to proceed to checkout.
- Be sure to enter your Voucher Code when checking out to apply your discount.
- You will be able to download the study materials immediately by clicking the red "Download Course" on your receipt. It will also be emailed to you and will be available for one year in your customer account.
- You will also be provided with a link and information to access the exam.
Your voucher covers an online book, online exam, grading and one CE certificate for insurance. It DOES NOT INCLUDE printed books, printed exams, state fees or CE certificate(s) or reporting for additional designations or types of CE, although they are available as options for additional charge.
If you choose printed books or exams, you will be charged the balance due during checkout.
If your state charges a fee to report your credit, this fee is due from you. When you check-out, you must pay this fee in order to access the course and obtain CE credit.
After you pass your exam, you will be able to purchase CE certificates for professional designations such as CFP, CPE, etc. you will be charged $10 for each one. Please DO NOT order these additional certificates unless you currently hold that professional designation. There are NO REFUNDS for additional certificates ordered and not needed.
Optional PACE or CFP Credit
Many of our Insurance CE courses are also approved for CE credit for agents who hold professional designations such as CLU, ChFC, CFP. The type of CE credit and number of hours approved are listed above in the course description.If you hold a professional designation you may request a certificate for courses taken and exams passed for insurance CE credit. If you pass and exam and would like to get additional credit for one of these designations, please use the link to the left: "CFP & PACE Credit".
If you do not hold a professional designation and do not need any type of CE other than for your insurance license renewal, please do not order a PACE or CFP certificate. It will not benefit you and once ordered, there are no refunds!
There are no refunds for certificates ordered by mistake!