4-Hour NAIC Long-Term Care and Partnership
THIS COURSE MUST ONLY BE TAKEN IF YOU HAVE ALREADY TAKEN THE 8-HOUR NAIC LTC COURSE DURING A PRIOR LICENSE PERIOD!
The Deficit Reduction Act made it possible for all states who wish to to offer Partnership for Long-term Care policies. The NAIC model law and regulation specify that agents must meet certain continuation requirements in order to sell this product. In most states, agents will be required to take an 8-hour course in order to transact any type of LTC/Partnership LTC insurance policies. Agents must then take a 4-hour CE course each license period.
This course will satisfy the requirement for ongoing CE required by your state to continue to sell LTC/Partnership insurance. If you have a group of agents to train, please contact us regarding group discounts or in-house training.
For the most up to date information about Long Term Care & Partnership in your state click here.
Tennessee State Requirements
Continuing Education Hours
- Producers are required to complete 24 hours biennially, including 3 hours of ethics.
- Combination Multi-peril crop adjuster and L/H or P/C producers are required to take 48 hours, including 4 hours of ethics.
Core Subject Requirements
- Agents wishing to sell LTC must also complete a 8-hourLTC requirement prior to selling LTC products. The LTC requirement counts towards the completion of the basic CE requirement. By the end of each consecutive renewal period, agents must complete a 4-hour "refresher" state-approved LTC course to continue selling LTC.
- All Tennessee licensed resident insurance producers who sell federal flood insurance policies shall be required to complete a one time 3 hour requirement on flood insurance.
Continuing Education Compliance Date
The renewal date is the first day of the agent's birth month biennially. The renewal date for agents born in odd years will be in odd years, and the renewal date for agents born in even years will be in even years.
License Renewal Date
Same as CE compliance date.
Type of courses accepted for CE Credit
Independent self study courses or classroom
A maximum of 12 hours may be carried over to the next reporting period
Courses may not be repeated within 2 years from the original completion date.
Final exam does not need to be monitored.
- Individuals who are at least 65 years old
- Individuals who have been licensed continuously in Tennessee since January 1, 1994.
- Non resident agents if their state has CE requirements and has a reciprocal agreement with Tennessee
- Individuals on extended duty in the Armed Forces are exempt for the period of such duty.
- Limited Lines Licenses
Method to Certify Completion
You will be able to print your certificate of completion online once you have completed your exam. Course provider reports credits earned to the CE Administrator (Promissor). Agent submits copies of certificates of completion to Insurance Department with Renewal Notice. Original certificates of completion are kept in agent's files for 2 years.
For Additional Information please Contact:
Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance
Producer Licensing Section
500 James Robertson Parkway, 4th Floor
Nashville, TN 37243
Phone: 1-888-416-0868 or (615) 741-2693
Fax: (615) 532-2862 Promissor
State Website: http://www.state.tn.us/commerce/
System Requirements: Please note that Internet explorer 8 or higher: Download here
Or Mozilla Firefox 3.5 or higher: Download here are required to view our website when you wish to access the learning center.
This course is taken online in a slideshow format. Throughout the course lessons there will be questions and interactions for you to assist you in the learning process. These interactions may be multiple choice questions, matching terms, sequencing terms, etc.
After all of the lessons are completed, you can proceed to the final exam.
If your state requires monitored exams, you must have your monitor sign-in and follow the monitor instructions BEFORE you begin the exam. See the State Information tab, Monitor tab, and Help Center for more information.
This course is available to the student for one calendar year from the time of purchase.
How to Redeem Vouchers If you have received a CE voucher from an insurance company or wholesaler, you can redeem it by following these instructions.
- Choose your course format - see "course format" tab for more details or click "learn more" above options.
- Click on the red "buy" button to proceed to checkout.
- Be sure to enter your Voucher Code when checking out to apply your discount.
- You will be able to download the study materials immediately by clicking the red "Download Course" on your receipt. It will also be emailed to you and will be available for one year in your customer account.
- You will also be provided with a link and information to access the exam.
Your voucher covers an online book, online exam, grading and one CE certificate for insurance. It DOES NOT INCLUDE printed books, printed exams, state fees or CE certificate(s) or reporting for additional designations or types of CE, although they are available as options for additional charge.
If you choose printed books or exams, you will be charged the balance due during checkout.
If your state charges a fee to report your credit, this fee is due from you. When you check-out, you must pay this fee in order to access the course and obtain CE credit.
After you pass your exam, you will be able to purchase CE certificates for professional designations such as CFP, CPE, etc. you will be charged $10 for each one. Please DO NOT order these additional certificates unless you currently hold that professional designation. There are NO REFUNDS for additional certificates ordered and not needed.