Watercraft Exposures & Insurance
Following this course, agents will better understand the risks involved in owning watercraft and the ways in which individuals and families can use insurance to protect themselves from these risks. Agents will be better able to recommend proper coverage forms and endorsements to their clients with watercraft exposures and will understand which forms and endorsements are important under various situations and for various clients.
New Mexico State Requirements
Continuing Education Hours
- 15 hours annually
- 7 hours annually for title guaranty licensees
Course Subject Requirements
- Must complete 1 hour of ethics as part of the basic requirement.
- All property and casualty producers who sell flood insurance must complete a one-time 3-hour course approved for National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) training.
- Approved courses must be completed in lines of insurance for which license is held.
Continuing Education Compliance Date
September 30, annually. Late filing allowed through 10/30 without a fee. CE compliance filed 11/1 through 3/1 must include a $50 late fee.
License Renewal Date
Annually, September 30
Type of courses accepted for CE Credit
Independent self study courses or classroom
Self study allowed only for licensees living in areas where classes are not offered or where class attendance would impose a hardship
Courses may not be repeated more than once in a three year period
Self-study final exams are not required to be monitored.
- Individuals who have been continuously licensed for 25 years or more. (Must file a notarized statement outlining the 25 years of experience.)
- Individuals who maintain a license solely for the purpose of receiving renewal fee residuals who do not otherwise transact insurance.
- Newly licensed individuals are exempt for the reporting period in which the license is issued, unless previously licensed as a resident or nonresident in New Mexico.
- Individuals who act as agents for fraternal benefit societies
- Individuals holding limited licenses for transportation/ baggage insurance or credit life/health insurance.
Method to Certify Completion
Your certificate of completion will be printed and mailed to your permanent address on file. The licensee submits the original certificates of completion and the CE filing fee of $1.00 per credit hour, to Promissor by the compliance date. The licensee keeps copies of the certificates of completion in his or her files for three years.
Eligible for compliance if license meets home state CE requirement. Licensee must submit proof of home state compliance and the CE filing fee.
For Additional Information please Contact:
New Mexico Department of Insurance
P.O. Drawer 1269
Santa Fe, NM 87504-1269
Phone: (888) 427-5772
Fax: (505) 827-4734
State Website: http://www.nmprc.state.nm.us/id.htm
System Requirements: Please note that Mozilla firefox 9 download here or Internet explorer 8 or higher: Download here This course automatically includes a downloadable textbook and/or other course materials which you may print if you desire. When you are finished studying your course, the exam is taken online and it is graded immediately. In most states you can also print your own certificate of completion, if you pass. There is no additional charge if you complete your course and exam completely online.
are required to view our website when you wish to access the learning center. You should also note that taking courses over a wireless internet connection is not advised. When taking your exams you should try to be on a wired internet connection to your computer.
If you prefer, however, you may purchase a printed book and/or printed exam at additional cost.
You have 3 options if purchasing the course outside a subscription:
- Online book and online exam - included in price - You receive no printed materials-everything is online.
- Printed book and online exam - $5 additional - You receive a printed book but take your exam online.
- Printed book and printed exam - $10 additional - You receive a printed book and printed exam which you mail or fax to us for grading.
For options 2 and 3, you will be able to choose either regular or express shipping during checkout.
Please choose your option carefully! There is no refund for printed materials or exams ordered by mistake!
If your state requires monitored exams, you must have your monitor sign-in and follow the monitor instructions BEFORE you begin the exam. See the State Information tab, Monitor tab and Help Center for more information.
How to Redeem Vouchers If you have received a CE voucher from an insurance company or wholesaler, you can redeem it by following these instructions.
- Choose your course format - see "course format" tab for more details or click "learn more" above options.
- Click on the red "buy" button to proceed to checkout.
- Be sure to enter your Voucher Code when checking out to apply your discount.
- You will be able to download the study materials immediately by clicking the red "Download Course" on your receipt. It will also be emailed to you and will be available for one year in your customer account.
- You will also be provided with a link and information to access the exam.
Your voucher covers an online book, online exam, grading and one CE certificate for insurance. It DOES NOT INCLUDE printed books, printed exams, state fees or CE certificate(s) or reporting for additional designations or types of CE, although they are available as options for additional charge.
If you choose printed books or exams, you will be charged the balance due during checkout.
If your state charges a fee to report your credit, this fee is due from you. When you check-out, you must pay this fee in order to access the course and obtain CE credit.
After you pass your exam, you will be able to purchase CE certificates for professional designations such as CFP, CPE, etc. you will be charged $10 for each one. Please DO NOT order these additional certificates unless you currently hold that professional designation. There are NO REFUNDS for additional certificates ordered and not needed.