Mississippi State Requirements
Continuing Education Hours
Course work must be in the line or lines for which license is held.
- Life, Health, and Accident: 24 hours annually, including 3 hours of ethics
- Property and Casualty: 24 hours annually, including 3 hours of ethics
- Producers who have been licensed 18 months or less are required to complete 12 hours without ethics during the license term.
- Combined L/H and P/C licensees must complete a minimum of 12 hours in their primary line of insurance. Licensees are encouraged to complete 12 hours in their secondary line. Primary line of insurance must be determined by licensee and reported on renewal application
- Adjusters: 12 hours annually
- Effective September 1, 2013: All producers currently licensed to sell, solicit, and negotiate annuity products must complete a one-time annuity training course approved for at least 4 hours by September 1, 2014. All producers licensed on or after September 1, 2013 must complete this training prior to selling, soliciting, or negotiating such products. *Nonresidents who satisfy the training requirements of another state that are similar to Mississippi's law will be deemed compliant for Mississippi's requirement.
Course Subject Requirements
- All courses must be completed for the lines of insurance for which the producer is licensed.
- All Mississippi licensed resident insurance producers who sell federal flood insurance policies shall be required to complete a one-time 3 hour requirement on flood insurance.
Continuing Education Compliance Date
After May 31, 2010 all licenses will expire on the last day of the birth month of the licensee on a biennial basis. Licenses may be renewed online 67 days prior to the expiration date.
All licenses originally issued after November 1, 2009 will expire on the last day of the birth month of the licensee on a biennial basis. Licenses may be renewed online 67 days prior to the expiration date.
Adjusters renew annually with each license term ending on May 31st.
Type of Courses Accepted for CE Credit
Independent self-study courses or classroom courses.
Carryover of excess CE credit hours is not allowed.
Credit will not be given for courses taken more than once in a license term.
Self-study final exams must be monitored by a disinterested third party.
- Agents who hold only a limited-lines license that did not require a written exam
- Inactive agents
- Agents holding the limited licenses of industrial fire, industrial LAH, credit life, credit A&H, vehicle physical damage or credit property.
- Newly licensed agents are exempt for the reporting period in which the license is issued
Method to Certify Completion
Your certificate of completion will be e-mailed to you upon completion of the exam. The course provider will submit credits earned to the CE administrator within one business day of course completion. Certificates of completion must be submitted with renewal form for P/C and LH license renewal. Producers must keep copies of certificates for at least 5 years
Exempt if producer meets home state CE requirement.
For Additional Information Please Contact
Mississippi Insurance Department
Agents Licensing Unit
PO Box 79
Jackson, MS 39205-0079
Mississippi Department of Insurance (MID)
1001 Woolfolk State Office Building
501 North West St.
Jackson, MS 39201
PHONE: (601) 359-3582 -OR- (601) 359-2780
FAX: (601) 359-1951
State Website: http://www.mid.state.ms.us/
To check the status of your CE credits for your state:
*You will need your SSN and License number*
- Go to http://www.sircon.com/
- Click, "For Producers/Agents"
- Click, "Check Your Status with a State"
- Click, "Individual" for the "Status Inquiry"
- Choose your state from the pull-down menu, and input your SSN and License number
- Click, "Submit".
System Requirements: Please note that Mozilla firefox 20 download here or Internet explorer 9 or higher: Download here This course automatically includes a downloadable textbook and/or other course materials which you may print if you desire. When you are finished studying your course, the exam is taken online and it is graded immediately. In most states you can also print your own certificate of completion, if you pass. There is no additional charge if you complete your course and exam completely online.
are required to view our website when you wish to access the learning center. You should also note that taking courses over a wireless internet connection is not advised. When taking your exams you should try to be on a wired internet connection to your computer.
If you prefer, however, you may purchase a printed book and/or printed exam at additional cost.
You have 3 options if purchasing the course outside a subscription:
- Online book and online exam - included in price - You receive no printed materials-everything is online.
- Printed book and online exam - $5 additional - You receive a printed book but take your exam online.
- Printed book and printed exam - $10 additional - You receive a printed book and printed exam which you mail or fax to us for grading.
For options 2 and 3, you will be able to choose either regular or express shipping during checkout.
Please choose your option carefully! There is no refund for printed materials or exams ordered by mistake!
If your state requires monitored exams, you must have your monitor sign-in and follow the monitor instructions BEFORE you begin the exam. See the State Information tab, Monitor tab and Help Center for more information.
How to Redeem Vouchers If you have received a CE voucher from an insurance company or wholesaler, you can redeem it by following these instructions.
- Choose your course format - see "course format" tab for more details or click "learn more" above options.
- Click on the red "buy" button to proceed to checkout.
- Be sure to enter your Voucher Code when checking out to apply your discount.
- You will be able to download the study materials immediately by clicking the red "Download Course" on your receipt. It will also be emailed to you and will be available for one year in your customer account.
- You will also be provided with a link and information to access the exam.
Your voucher covers an online book, online exam, grading and one CE certificate for insurance. It DOES NOT INCLUDE printed books, printed exams, state fees or CE certificate(s) or reporting for additional designations or types of CE, although they are available as options for additional charge.
If you choose printed books or exams, you will be charged the balance due during checkout.
If your state charges a fee to report your credit, this fee is due from you. When you check-out, you must pay this fee in order to access the course and obtain CE credit.
After you pass your exam, you will be able to purchase CE certificates for professional designations such as CFP, CPE, etc. you will be charged $10 for each one. Please DO NOT order these additional certificates unless you currently hold that professional designation. There are NO REFUNDS for additional certificates ordered and not needed.
Monitor Instructions - General
Your state requires that your exam(s) MUST be monitored. The qualifications of the person who must monitor your exam are explained on the monitor form. The person monitoring your exam must be with you prior to beginning to take the exam. Taking the exam without your monitor present will invalidate your exam results and certificate.
The monitor must print, sign and complete the affidavit found by clicking Printable Monitor Form to indicate that the exam was taken without any outside help from any source. Please fax the completed monitor form to: (619) 421-8171 immediately after completing the exam. Your exam will not be completed, and no CE credit will be awarded or reported to your state, until the properly completed, signed monitor form has been received (along with any state reporting fees that may be due).