Utah State Requirements
Continuing Education Hours
Producers and Adjusters: 24 hours of CE biennially, 3 of which must be ethics
Title Producers: 12 hours of CE biennially, 3 hours of ethics
Agents licensed 20 years or more must complete 6 CE hours biennially, including 3 years of ethics.
Course Subject Requirements
- Hours can be taken in any line of authority.
- 3 hours must be taken in Ethics.
- 50% of the total required hours must be taken in a classroom.
- All Utah licensed resident insurance producers who sell federal flood insurance policies must complete a one-time course related to the NFIP Flood requirement. The producer licensee will receive three hours of continuing education credits for completion of this course.
Continuing Education Compliance Date
Same as license renewal date
License Renewal Date
License renewal date is the last day of license issuance month, biennially, based on year of issue.
Type of courses accepted for CE Credit
Independent self-study courses (up to one-half of requirement), Courses sponsored by the Insurance company for which licensee is employed (up to one-half of requirement), or Classroom (50% of the total required hours must be taken in a classroom).
Carryover of excess CE credit hours is not allowed.
Credit will not be given for courses that are repeated.
Final exam is not required to be monitored.
- Individuals whose license lapses due to military service, voluntary service for a period of time designated by the person for whom the licensee provides voluntary service, or some other extenuating circumstance, such as long term medical disability, may be exempt from the continuing education requirements in order to reinstate the license.
- An individual who was first licensed before April 1st, 1978 may be exempt from continuing education requirements.
- Producers holding and maintaining the following designations are deemed to have met the CE requirements: CLU, ChFC and RHU with completion of the PACE program; CPCU with completion of the CPD program; and CFP, REBC, CIC, ACSR, CRM, SOFE, or IRES with completion of their continuing education requirements.
- A title producer who is an active member in good standing with the State Bar, and has met the continuing education requirements of the Utah State Bar, is considered to have met the continuing education requirements for the Utah Insurance Department.
Method to Certify Completion
You will be able to print your certificate of completion online once you have completed your exam. The course provider reports credits earned to Sircon. The licensee submits the CE filing fee to the insurance department by the compliance date. The course provider keeps copies of attendance rosters on file for two years. The licensee keeps the certificates of completion in his or her files and furnishes them to the insurance department upon request as part of a random audit.
Exempt if licensee's home state requires substantially similar CE. Nonresident submits letter of certification (not more than 90 days old) with the renewal card and fees. If licensee's home state has no similar CE requirement, licensee must comply with Utah's CE requirement.
Nonresident independent adjusters are required to be licensed in Utah.
For Additional Information please Contact:
State of Utah Insurance Department
3110 State Office Building
Salt Lake City, Utah 841141
Phone: (801) 538-3809 or (801) 538-3855
Fax: (801) 538-3829
State Website: http://www.insurance.state.ut.us/
To check the status of your CE credits for your state:
*You will need your SSN and License number*
- 1. Go to http://www.sircon.com/
- 2. Click, "For Producers/Agents"
- 3. Click, "Obtain Education Information"
- 4. Click, "Education Transcript Inquiry"
- 5. Input your SSN, choose your state from the pull-down menu, and input your License number
- 6. Click, "Submit".
System Requirements: Please note that Mozilla firefox 20 download here or Internet explorer 9 or higher: Download here This course automatically includes a downloadable textbook and/or other course materials which you may print if you desire. When you are finished studying your course, the exam is taken online and it is graded immediately. In most states you can also print your own certificate of completion, if you pass. There is no additional charge if you complete your course and exam completely online.
are required to view our website when you wish to access the learning center. You should also note that taking courses over a wireless internet connection is not advised. When taking your exams you should try to be on a wired internet connection to your computer.
If you prefer, however, you may purchase a printed book and/or printed exam at additional cost.
You have 3 options if purchasing the course outside a subscription:
- Online book and online exam - included in price - You receive no printed materials-everything is online.
- Printed book and online exam - $5 additional - You receive a printed book but take your exam online.
- Printed book and printed exam - $10 additional - You receive a printed book and printed exam which you mail or fax to us for grading.
For options 2 and 3, you will be able to choose either regular or express shipping during checkout.
Please choose your option carefully! There is no refund for printed materials or exams ordered by mistake!
If your state requires monitored exams, you must have your monitor sign-in and follow the monitor instructions BEFORE you begin the exam. See the State Information tab, Monitor tab and Help Center for more information.
How to Redeem Vouchers If you have received a CE voucher from an insurance company or wholesaler, you can redeem it by following these instructions.
- Choose your course format - see "course format" tab for more details or click "learn more" above options.
- Click on the red "buy" button to proceed to checkout.
- Be sure to enter your Voucher Code when checking out to apply your discount.
- You will be able to download the study materials immediately by clicking the red "Download Course" on your receipt. It will also be emailed to you and will be available for one year in your customer account.
- You will also be provided with a link and information to access the exam.
Your voucher covers an online book, online exam, grading and one CE certificate for insurance. It DOES NOT INCLUDE printed books, printed exams, state fees or CE certificate(s) or reporting for additional designations or types of CE, although they are available as options for additional charge.
If you choose printed books or exams, you will be charged the balance due during checkout.
If your state charges a fee to report your credit, this fee is due from you. When you check-out, you must pay this fee in order to access the course and obtain CE credit.
After you pass your exam, you will be able to purchase CE certificates for professional designations such as CFP, CPE, etc. you will be charged $10 for each one. Please DO NOT order these additional certificates unless you currently hold that professional designation. There are NO REFUNDS for additional certificates ordered and not needed.
Optional PACE or CFP Credit
Many of our Insurance CE courses are also approved for CE credit for agents who hold professional designations such as CLU, ChFC, CFP. The type of CE credit and number of hours approved are listed above in the course description.If you hold a professional designation you may request a certificate for courses taken and exams passed for insurance CE credit. If you pass and exam and would like to get additional credit for one of these designations, please use the link to the left: "CFP & PACE Credit".
If you do not hold a professional designation and do not need any type of CE other than for your insurance license renewal, please do not order a PACE or CFP certificate. It will not benefit you and once ordered, there are no refunds!
There are no refunds for certificates ordered by mistake!