Idaho State Requirements
Continuing Education Hours
- Resident producers must earn 24 hours of continuing education every two years. 3 of these credit hours must be in law or ethics.
Course Subject Requirements
- All agents must take 3 hours of law/ethics each renewal period.
- Producers selling long term care insurance must complete an initial 8 hour course on long-term care prior to selling long-term care policies and a 4 hour course biennially thereafter.
- All Idaho insurance producers licensed in property, casualty or Personal lines of authority who sell flood insurance through NFIP must complete a one-time course related to the NFIP which will provide three (3) hours of continuing education credit no later than 04/01/07. For those Idaho resident insurance producers licensed in property, casualty or personal lines of authority who do not currently sell flood insurance through the NFIP, but who intend to do so in the future, the department is requiring those producers to complete the one-time three (3) credit continuing education course related to NFIP prior to selling flood insurance through NFIP.
- All producers currently licensed to sell, solicit, and negotiate annuity products must complete a one-time annuity training course approved for at least 4 hours by October 4, 2013. All producers licensed on or after October 4, 2013 must complete this training prior to selling, soliciting, or negotiating such products. *Nonresidents who satisfy the training requirements of another state that are similar to Idaho's law will be deemed compliant for Idaho's requirement.
Continuing Education Compliance Date
All continuing education credits must be achieved by the date of the license renewal.
The compliance date is the license renewal date. The license renewal is the first day of the month following the license issuance date, biennially.
Types of Courses Accepted for CE Credit
Independent self-study courses and Classroom study.
Self-study final exams are not required to be monitored.
Excess CE credit hours may NOT be carried over to the next reporting period.
Courses may not be taken for credit more than once in a reporting period.
- Nonresident Producers are not required to complete CE courses.
- Limited lines producers.
- Licensees who have applied for and been granted inactive status by the insurance director.
- Licensees on extended active military duty are exempt for the period of duty.
- Independent adjusters.
A roster fee of $1.00 per credit hour ordered is required to process course completion hours in Idaho and will be added to the order total upon checkout.
Method to Certify Completion
You will be able to print your certificate of completion online once you have completed your exam. The course provider submits a certificate of completion to the licensee as well as submits an attendance roster to the CE administrator within one business day of your exam completion. The licensee transfers information from the certificates of completion to the Continuing Education Statement located on the back of the licensee's renewal form. The licensee keeps a copy of the Continuing Education Statement and the original certificates of completion in his or her files for 3 years.
For Additional Information Please Contact
Idaho Insurance Department
Third Floor, 700 W. State St.
Boise, ID 83720-0043
Phone: (208) 334-4250
Fax: (208) 334-4398
State Website: http://www.doi.idaho.gov/
System Requirements: Please note that Mozilla firefox 20 download here or Internet explorer 9 or higher: Download here This course automatically includes a downloadable textbook and/or other course materials which you may print if you desire. When you are finished studying your course, the exam is taken online and it is graded immediately. In most states you can also print your own certificate of completion, if you pass. There is no additional charge if you complete your course and exam completely online.
are required to view our website when you wish to access the learning center. You should also note that taking courses over a wireless internet connection is not advised. When taking your exams you should try to be on a wired internet connection to your computer.
If you prefer, however, you may purchase a printed book and/or printed exam at additional cost.
You have 3 options if purchasing the course outside a subscription:
- Online book and online exam - included in price - You receive no printed materials-everything is online.
- Printed book and online exam - $5 additional - You receive a printed book but take your exam online.
- Printed book and printed exam - $10 additional - You receive a printed book and printed exam which you mail or fax to us for grading.
For options 2 and 3, you will be able to choose either regular or express shipping during checkout.
Please choose your option carefully! There is no refund for printed materials or exams ordered by mistake!
If your state requires monitored exams, you must have your monitor sign-in and follow the monitor instructions BEFORE you begin the exam. See the State Information tab, Monitor tab and Help Center for more information.
How to Redeem Vouchers If you have received a CE voucher from an insurance company or wholesaler, you can redeem it by following these instructions.
- Choose your course format - see "course format" tab for more details or click "learn more" above options.
- Click on the red "buy" button to proceed to checkout.
- Be sure to enter your Voucher Code when checking out to apply your discount.
- You will be able to download the study materials immediately by clicking the red "Download Course" on your receipt. It will also be emailed to you and will be available for one year in your customer account.
- You will also be provided with a link and information to access the exam.
Your voucher covers an online book, online exam, grading and one CE certificate for insurance. It DOES NOT INCLUDE printed books, printed exams, state fees or CE certificate(s) or reporting for additional designations or types of CE, although they are available as options for additional charge.
If you choose printed books or exams, you will be charged the balance due during checkout.
If your state charges a fee to report your credit, this fee is due from you. When you check-out, you must pay this fee in order to access the course and obtain CE credit.
After you pass your exam, you will be able to purchase CE certificates for professional designations such as CFP, CPE, etc. you will be charged $10 for each one. Please DO NOT order these additional certificates unless you currently hold that professional designation. There are NO REFUNDS for additional certificates ordered and not needed.