Disability Income Insurance
This comprehensive course on disability income insurance is all the training agents need to educate clients and sell policies. This course defines and explains the major forms of disability income insurance in clear and concise language with illustrations and marketing strategies.
Oregon State Requirements
Continuing Education Hours
- All producers must complete 24 hours including 3 hours of ethics and 3 hours of Oregon law.
- Individuals who hold a CLU or CPCU designation must complete 24 hours biennially.
- Individuals who were exempt from the license exam due to having sufficient work experience or completing course work to obtain an industry-recognized designation may count the experience or course work as equivalent to having held the agent license for three years, and will have their CE requirement altered accordingly (contact the insurance department for details).
- Individuals who were previously licensed as an agent in Oregon or in another state will have an altered CE requirement, based on the number of years previously licensed (contact the insurance department for details).
Course Subject Requirements
- Courses must be approved for the lines of insurance for which the agent is licensed.
- Agent must complete three hours of Oregon law and two hours of ethics as part of the basic requirement.
- Agents wishing to sell LTC must also complete a 8-hourLTC requirement prior to selling LTC products. The LTC requirement counts towards the completion of the basic CE requirement. By the end of each consecutive renewal period, agents must complete a 4-hour "refresher" state-approved LTC course to continue selling LTC.
- Agents wishing to sell flood insurance must also complete a one-time, 3 hour flood course approved for National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) training.
Continuing Education Compliance Date
The compliance date is the license renewal date.
License Renewal Date
The license renewal date is the last day of the producer's birth month, biennially.
Types of courses accepted for CE Credit
Independent self-study courses and classroom study.
- Online Interactive self study courses DO NOT require a monitor.
- Paper-based courses and course exams MUST be monitored by a state-registered proctor OR a third party who is a librarian, clergyman, state or community college representative, certified public accountant (CPA) or attorney.
No excess CE credit hours may be carried over to the next reporting period.
Courses may not be taken for credit more than once in a renewal period.
- Non-residents are exempt.
- Individuals holding limited lines licenses for which an exam is not required.
- Individuals who are retired, at least 58 years of age, have been licensed for at least 10 years, authorized to transact life insurance only and will be servicing existing policies only. This exemption requires department approval.
Method to Certify Completion
Sandi Kruise Insurance Training reports course completion information directly to the Insurance Division through the SBS tool Online Continuing Education (OCE) Students/Agents no longer need to self-report.
For Additional Information please Contact:
Oregon Department of Consumer and Business Services
350 Winter St. NE, Room 440
Salem, OR 97301-3883
P.O. Box 14480
Salem, OR 97309-0405
PHONE: (503) 947-7981 or (503) 947-7248
FAX: (503) 378-4351
State Website: http://www.oregoninsurance.org/
System Requirements: Please note that Mozilla firefox 20 download here or Internet explorer 9 or higher: Download here This course automatically includes a downloadable textbook and/or other course materials which you may print if you desire. When you are finished studying your course, the exam is taken online and it is graded immediately. In most states you can also print your own certificate of completion, if you pass. There is no additional charge if you complete your course and exam completely online.
are required to view our website when you wish to access the learning center. You should also note that taking courses over a wireless internet connection is not advised. When taking your exams you should try to be on a wired internet connection to your computer.
If you prefer, however, you may purchase a printed book and/or printed exam at additional cost.
You have 3 options if purchasing the course outside a subscription:
- Online book and online exam - included in price - You receive no printed materials-everything is online.
- Printed book and online exam - $5 additional - You receive a printed book but take your exam online.
- Printed book and printed exam - $10 additional - You receive a printed book and printed exam which you mail or fax to us for grading.
For options 2 and 3, you will be able to choose either regular or express shipping during checkout.
Please choose your option carefully! There is no refund for printed materials or exams ordered by mistake!
If your state requires monitored exams, you must have your monitor sign-in and follow the monitor instructions BEFORE you begin the exam. See the State Information tab, Monitor tab and Help Center for more information.
Monitor Instructions - Oregon
NO MONITOR IS NEEDED FOR THE ONLINE EXAM!
Your state requires that your exam(s) MUST be monitored if you take the printed exam.
The qualifications of the person who must monitor your exam are explained here:
a. Accredited elementary or secondary educational programs or accredited institutions of higher learning:
(I) Principals, or professional staff designated by a principal;
(II) College instructors, counselors, or officials.
b. U. S. Military Training Facilities – education officers or chaplains.
c. Insurer home office training departments – home office training managers only.
d. Course providers approved by the Department to offer education courses in Florida:
(I) Providers that offer courses to licensees who have a sales relationship with that provider are considered to have a conflict of interest for purposes of monitoring exams; i.e., insurer or agency staff at any level other than stated in sub-subparagraph 69B-228.080
(11)(b)1.d., F.A.C.; and(II) Shall not monitor the exam of one of the insurer’s or agency’s licensees. Instructors or other employed staff must not have conflict of interest;
e. National insurance trade, agent, or adjuster associations or societies.
g. Other organization types may be submitted to the Department for approval, with complete information and history.
2. The individual monitor assigned by the monitor group shall not monitor the exam of any relative, subordinate, associate, or employee.
The monitor must print, sign and complete the affidavit found by clicking Printable Monitor Form to indicate that the exam was taken without any outside help from any source. Please fax the completed monitor form to: (619) 421-8171 immediately after completing the exam. Your exam will not be completed, and no CE credit will be awarded or reported to your state, until the properly completed, signed monitor form has been received (along with any state reporting fees that may be due).
How to Redeem Vouchers If you have received a CE voucher from an insurance company or wholesaler, you can redeem it by following these instructions.
- Choose your course format - see "course format" tab for more details or click "learn more" above options.
- Click on the red "buy" button to proceed to checkout.
- Be sure to enter your Voucher Code when checking out to apply your discount.
- You will be able to download the study materials immediately by clicking the red "Download Course" on your receipt. It will also be emailed to you and will be available for one year in your customer account.
- You will also be provided with a link and information to access the exam.
Your voucher covers an online book, online exam, grading and one CE certificate for insurance. It DOES NOT INCLUDE printed books, printed exams, state fees or CE certificate(s) or reporting for additional designations or types of CE, although they are available as options for additional charge.
If you choose printed books or exams, you will be charged the balance due during checkout.
If your state charges a fee to report your credit, this fee is due from you. When you check-out, you must pay this fee in order to access the course and obtain CE credit.
After you pass your exam, you will be able to purchase CE certificates for professional designations such as CFP, CPE, etc. you will be charged $10 for each one. Please DO NOT order these additional certificates unless you currently hold that professional designation. There are NO REFUNDS for additional certificates ordered and not needed.