4-Hour NAIC Long-Term Care and Partnership
THIS COURSE MUST ONLY BE TAKEN IF YOU HAVE ALREADY TAKEN THE 8-HOUR NAIC LTC COURSE DURING A PRIOR LICENSE PERIOD!
The Deficit Reduction Act made it possible for all states who wish to to offer Partnership for Long-term Care policies. The NAIC model law and regulation specify that agents must meet certain continuation requirements in order to sell this product. In most states, agents will be required to take an 8-hour course in order to transact any type of LTC/Partnership LTC insurance policies. Agents must then take a 4-hour CE course each license period.
This course will satisfy the requirement for ongoing CE required by your state to continue to sell LTC/Partnership insurance. If you have a group of agents to train, please contact us regarding group discounts or in-house training.
For the most up to date information about Long Term Care & Partnership in your state click here.
Oregon State Requirements
Continuing Education Hours
- All producers must complete 24 hours including 3 hours of ethics and 3 hours of Oregon law.
- Individuals who hold a CLU or CPCU designation must complete 24 hours biennially.
- Individuals who were exempt from the license exam due to having sufficient work experience or completing course work to obtain an industry-recognized designation may count the experience or course work as equivalent to having held the agent license for three years, and will have their CE requirement altered accordingly (contact the insurance department for details).
- Individuals who were previously licensed as an agent in Oregon or in another state will have an altered CE requirement, based on the number of years previously licensed (contact the insurance department for details).
Course Subject Requirements
- Courses must be approved for the lines of insurance for which the agent is licensed.
- Agent must complete three hours of Oregon law and two hours of ethics as part of the basic requirement.
- Agents wishing to sell LTC must also complete a 8-hourLTC requirement prior to selling LTC products. The LTC requirement counts towards the completion of the basic CE requirement. By the end of each consecutive renewal period, agents must complete a 4-hour "refresher" state-approved LTC course to continue selling LTC.
- Agents wishing to sell flood insurance must also complete a one-time, 3 hour flood course approved for National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) training.
Continuing Education Compliance Date
The compliance date is the license renewal date.
License Renewal Date
The license renewal date is the last day of the producer's birth month, biennially.
Types of courses accepted for CE Credit
Independent self-study courses and classroom study.
- Online Interactive self study courses DO NOT require a monitor.
- Paper-based courses and course exams MUST be monitored by a state-registered proctor OR a third party who is a librarian, clergyman, state or community college representative, certified public accountant (CPA) or attorney.
No excess CE credit hours may be carried over to the next reporting period.
Courses may not be taken for credit more than once in a renewal period.
- Non-residents are exempt.
- Individuals holding limited lines licenses for which an exam is not required.
- Individuals who are retired, at least 58 years of age, have been licensed for at least 10 years, authorized to transact life insurance only and will be servicing existing policies only. This exemption requires department approval.
Method to Certify Completion
Sandi Kruise Insurance Training reports course completion information directly to the Insurance Division through the SBS tool Online Continuing Education (OCE) Students/Agents no longer need to self-report.
For Additional Information please Contact:
Oregon Department of Consumer and Business Services
350 Winter St. NE, Room 440
Salem, OR 97301-3883
P.O. Box 14480
Salem, OR 97309-0405
PHONE: (503) 947-7981 or (503) 947-7248
FAX: (503) 378-4351
State Website: http://www.oregoninsurance.org/
System Requirements: Please note that Internet explorer 8 or higher: Download here
Or Mozilla Firefox 3.5 or higher: Download here are required to view our website when you wish to access the learning center.
This course is taken online in a slideshow format. Throughout the course lessons there will be questions and interactions for you to assist you in the learning process. These interactions may be multiple choice questions, matching terms, sequencing terms, etc.
After all of the lessons are completed, you can proceed to the final exam.
If your state requires monitored exams, you must have your monitor sign-in and follow the monitor instructions BEFORE you begin the exam. See the State Information tab, Monitor tab, and Help Center for more information.
This course is available to the student for one calendar year from the time of purchase.
How to Redeem Vouchers If you have received a CE voucher from an insurance company or wholesaler, you can redeem it by following these instructions.
- Choose your course format - see "course format" tab for more details or click "learn more" above options.
- Click on the red "buy" button to proceed to checkout.
- Be sure to enter your Voucher Code when checking out to apply your discount.
- You will be able to download the study materials immediately by clicking the red "Download Course" on your receipt. It will also be emailed to you and will be available for one year in your customer account.
- You will also be provided with a link and information to access the exam.
Your voucher covers an online book, online exam, grading and one CE certificate for insurance. It DOES NOT INCLUDE printed books, printed exams, state fees or CE certificate(s) or reporting for additional designations or types of CE, although they are available as options for additional charge.
If you choose printed books or exams, you will be charged the balance due during checkout.
If your state charges a fee to report your credit, this fee is due from you. When you check-out, you must pay this fee in order to access the course and obtain CE credit.
After you pass your exam, you will be able to purchase CE certificates for professional designations such as CFP, CPE, etc. you will be charged $10 for each one. Please DO NOT order these additional certificates unless you currently hold that professional designation. There are NO REFUNDS for additional certificates ordered and not needed.