4-Hour NAIC Long-Term Care and Partnership
THIS COURSE MUST ONLY BE TAKEN IF YOU HAVE ALREADY TAKEN THE 8-HOUR NAIC LTC COURSE DURING A PRIOR LICENSE PERIOD!
The Deficit Reduction Act made it possible for all states who wish to to offer Partnership for Long-term Care policies. The NAIC model law and regulation specify that agents must meet certain continuation requirements in order to sell this product. In most states, agents will be required to take an 8-hour course in order to transact any type of LTC/Partnership LTC insurance policies. Agents must then take a 4-hour CE course each license period.
This course will satisfy the requirement for ongoing CE required by your state to continue to sell LTC/Partnership insurance. If you have a group of agents to train, please contact us regarding group discounts or in-house training.
For the most up to date information about Long Term Care & Partnership in your state click here.
Oklahoma State Requirements
Continuing Education Hours
- Producers: 24 CE credit hours are required biennially, including 3 hours of ethics, 2 hours of legislative update and 19 general elective credit.
- Viatical Settlement Brokers: 4 hours including 3 hours in viaticals and 1 hour in ethics biennially.
Course Subject Requirements
- Courses must be approved for lines of insurance for which license is held.
- All producers selling annuities must complete a one-time 4 hour annuity training course.
- Agents wishing to sell LTC must also complete a 8-hourLTC requirement prior to selling LTC products. The LTC requirement counts towards the completion of the basic CE requirement. By the end of each consecutive renewal period, agents must complete a 4-hour "refresher" state-approved LTC course to continue selling LTC.
- Producers selling Medicare must complete 4 hours of continuing education related to Medicare Advantage products and plans in every 2-year compliance period where the producer has sold Medicare. This four hour training requirement can be applied towards the producer's CE requirement.
- Health agents must complete 1 hour on instruction regarding the Oklahoma Small Employer Health Insurance Reform Act, Okla. Health Ins High Risk Pool Act, and any recent state or federal health care legislation as part of the basic requirement.
- Health insurance licenses renewed on or after 1/1/02 must include 1 hour of LTC credit.
- All Oklahoma licensed resident insurance producers who sell federal flood insurance policies must satisfy the minimum training and education requirements by completing a one-time course related to the NFIP, which may be approved for three hours of continuing education credit by the Oklahoma Insurance Department.
- All adjusters who adjudicate workers' compensation claims in Oklahoma are required to complete 6 CE hours of CE related to the Workers' Compensation Act as part of the 24 CE hours required.
- Effective July 14, 2013: 4-hour Medicare Advantage training requirement: Oklahoma producers who sell, solicit, or negotiate Medicare Advantage or Medicare Prescription Drug products and plans are no longer required to complete 4 hours of training each biennial renewal period.
Continuing Education Compliance Date
Continuing education compliance date is the last day of the agent's birth month, biennially.
License Renewal Date
Last day of the license issuance month, biennially.
Type of courses accepted for CE Credit
Independent self study courses or Classroom.
A maximum of 6 hours may be carried over to the next term.
Credit will not be give for a course that is repeated in a 2 year period.
Final exam to be monitored by a disinterested third party, supervisor or test administrator.
- Limited insurance representatives
- Agents who are age 65 years of age or older, continuously licensed for at least 30 years, and who no longer write new business.
- Nonresident agents on a reciprocal basis whose home state's CE requirements are the same or greater than Oklahoma.
- Active membership in a professional organization may be granted up to one (1) hour of CE credit annually.
Method to Certify Completion
Your certificate will be emailed to you once we receive your monitor form and report you for the course. The course provider reports credits earned to the CE administrator within one business day of course completion. The licensee keeps the original certificates of completion in his or her files for 2 years.
A roster fee of $1.00 per credit hour ordered is required to process course completion hours in Oklahoma and will be added ot the order total upon checkout.
- Limited insurance representatives
- Nonresident producers whose home state is reciprocal with Oklahoma and whose home state's CE requirements are the same or greater than Oklahoma's
- Nonresident adjusters whose license is in good standing and who have completed the continuing education requirements for another state. Please see "Nonresident CE Requirements" above.
- Producers who have not, will not, or shall no longer, sell, solicit, or negotiate Medicare Advantage or Medicare Private Fee for Service products and plans are exempt from the Medicare Training requirement.
- A life insurance producer who is also operating as a viatical settlement broker is not subject to the viatical settlement broker continuing education requirements.
For Additional Information please Contact:
Oklahoma Insurance Department
P.O. Box 53408
Oklahoma City, OK 73152-3408
Phone: 405-521-2828 or 800-522-0071
State Website: http://www.oid.state.ok.us/
System Requirements: Please note that Internet explorer 8 or higher: Download here
Or Mozilla Firefox 3.5 or higher: Download here are required to view our website when you wish to access the learning center.
This course is taken online in a slideshow format. Throughout the course lessons there will be questions and interactions for you to assist you in the learning process. These interactions may be multiple choice questions, matching terms, sequencing terms, etc.
After all of the lessons are completed, you can proceed to the final exam.
If your state requires monitored exams, you must have your monitor sign-in and follow the monitor instructions BEFORE you begin the exam. See the State Information tab, Monitor tab, and Help Center for more information.
This course is available to the student for one calendar year from the time of purchase.
How to Redeem Vouchers If you have received a CE voucher from an insurance company or wholesaler, you can redeem it by following these instructions.
- Choose your course format - see "course format" tab for more details or click "learn more" above options.
- Click on the red "buy" button to proceed to checkout.
- Be sure to enter your Voucher Code when checking out to apply your discount.
- You will be able to download the study materials immediately by clicking the red "Download Course" on your receipt. It will also be emailed to you and will be available for one year in your customer account.
- You will also be provided with a link and information to access the exam.
Your voucher covers an online book, online exam, grading and one CE certificate for insurance. It DOES NOT INCLUDE printed books, printed exams, state fees or CE certificate(s) or reporting for additional designations or types of CE, although they are available as options for additional charge.
If you choose printed books or exams, you will be charged the balance due during checkout.
If your state charges a fee to report your credit, this fee is due from you. When you check-out, you must pay this fee in order to access the course and obtain CE credit.
After you pass your exam, you will be able to purchase CE certificates for professional designations such as CFP, CPE, etc. you will be charged $10 for each one. Please DO NOT order these additional certificates unless you currently hold that professional designation. There are NO REFUNDS for additional certificates ordered and not needed.