4-Hour NAIC Long-Term Care and Partnership
THIS COURSE MUST ONLY BE TAKEN IF YOU HAVE ALREADY TAKEN THE 8-HOUR NAIC LTC COURSE DURING A PRIOR LICENSE PERIOD!
The Deficit Reduction Act made it possible for all states who wish to to offer Partnership for Long-term Care policies. The NAIC model law and regulation specify that agents must meet certain continuation requirements in order to sell this product. In most states, agents will be required to take an 8-hour course in order to transact any type of LTC/Partnership LTC insurance policies. Agents must then take a 4-hour CE course each license period.
This course will satisfy the requirement for ongoing CE required by your state to continue to sell LTC/Partnership insurance. If you have a group of agents to train, please contact us regarding group discounts or in-house training.
For the most up to date information about Long Term Care & Partnership in your state click here.
Ohio State Requirements
Continuing Education Hours
- 24 hours biennially, including 3 hours of ethics.
- Surety Bail Bond: 7 hours biennially, 6 of which must be approved as surety bail bond specific and 1 of which must be approved as ethics specific.
Course Subject Requirements
- P&C producers who sell flood insurance are reminded to comply with a one-time, 3 hour training class on flood insurance and the NFIP.
- Title agents must take courses related to title insurance business.
- Surety Bail Bond agents may only take courses in Surety Bail Bond approved material.
- Agents wishing to sell LTC must also complete a 8-hourLTC requirement prior to selling LTC products. The LTC requirement counts towards the completion of the basic CE requirement. By the end of each consecutive renewal period, agents must complete a 4-hour "refresher" state-approved LTC course to continue selling LTC.
- All annuity producers currently licensed to sell, solicit, and negotiate annuity products must complete a one-time 4 hour annuity training course.
Continuing Education Compliance Date
For producers with a previous CE compliance period due date of December 31, 2010 click here.
For producers with a current compliance period due date of December 31, 2011 click here.
For producers newly licensed on or after January 1, 2010 click here.
License Renewal Date
Same as continuing education compliance date.
Type of courses accepted for CE Credit
Independent self study courses, interactive online, classroom, or an individual may receive up to 10 CE credit hours for having insurance-related articles and/or books published (submit a written request for credit along with a proof of publication).
Courses may not be repeated more than once in a reporting period.
Final Exams for self-study exams do not need to be monitored.
- Individuals who are granted inactive status.
- Nonresident agents are exempt.
- Nonresident licensees who completed a NAIC LTC training course in another state are exempt from taking the special training requirement in Ohio.
- Licensees with a limited authority license.
Method to Certify Completion
Your certificate will be emailed to you once we receive your affidavit and report you for the course. The course provider reports credit earned and submits CE filing fee to the CE administrator within one business day of course completion. The CE Administrator sends a transcript of credits to the licensee. The licensee keeps the certificates of completion and transcripts in files for four years. Copies and Fax transmissions of the reporting form will not be accepted by the insurance department.
For Additional Information please Contact:
Ohio Department of Insurance
2100 Stella Court
Columbus, OH 43215-1067
50 W. Town St.
Third Floor - Suite 300
Columbus, OH 43215
Phone: (614)644-2665 or (800) 532-2170
State Website: http://www.insurance.ohio.gov/
To check the status of your CE credits for your state:
*You will need your SSN and License number*
- 1. Go to http://www.sircon.com/
- 2. Click, "For Producers/Agents"
- 3. Click, "Obtain Education Information"
- 4. Click, "Education Transcript Inquiry"
- 5. Input your SSN, choose your state from the pull-down menu, and input your License number
- 6. Click, "Submit".
System Requirements: Please note that Internet explorer 8 or higher: Download here
Or Mozilla Firefox 3.5 or higher: Download here are required to view our website when you wish to access the learning center.
This course is taken online in a slideshow format. Throughout the course lessons there will be questions and interactions for you to assist you in the learning process. These interactions may be multiple choice questions, matching terms, sequencing terms, etc.
After all of the lessons are completed, you can proceed to the final exam.
If your state requires monitored exams, you must have your monitor sign-in and follow the monitor instructions BEFORE you begin the exam. See the State Information tab, Monitor tab, and Help Center for more information.
This course is available to the student for one calendar year from the time of purchase.
How to Redeem Vouchers If you have received a CE voucher from an insurance company or wholesaler, you can redeem it by following these instructions.
- Choose your course format - see "course format" tab for more details or click "learn more" above options.
- Click on the red "buy" button to proceed to checkout.
- Be sure to enter your Voucher Code when checking out to apply your discount.
- You will be able to download the study materials immediately by clicking the red "Download Course" on your receipt. It will also be emailed to you and will be available for one year in your customer account.
- You will also be provided with a link and information to access the exam.
Your voucher covers an online book, online exam, grading and one CE certificate for insurance. It DOES NOT INCLUDE printed books, printed exams, state fees or CE certificate(s) or reporting for additional designations or types of CE, although they are available as options for additional charge.
If you choose printed books or exams, you will be charged the balance due during checkout.
If your state charges a fee to report your credit, this fee is due from you. When you check-out, you must pay this fee in order to access the course and obtain CE credit.
After you pass your exam, you will be able to purchase CE certificates for professional designations such as CFP, CPE, etc. you will be charged $10 for each one. Please DO NOT order these additional certificates unless you currently hold that professional designation. There are NO REFUNDS for additional certificates ordered and not needed.
Instructions for all Ohio agents completing a CE course. IMPORTANT!!!
Your state does not require that your exam(s) be monitored.
An AFFIDAVIT for the course must be filled out and faxed to us at (619) 421-8171. This affidavit can be obtained by clicking on the link below. The agent taking the course must sign on the form in the space provided, stating that he/she is the one who took the exam with no outside help from any source.
Click here for your state's affidavit.