4-Hour NAIC Long-Term Care and Partnership
THIS COURSE MUST ONLY BE TAKEN IF YOU HAVE ALREADY TAKEN THE 8-HOUR NAIC LTC COURSE DURING A PRIOR LICENSE PERIOD!
The Deficit Reduction Act made it possible for all states who wish to to offer Partnership for Long-term Care policies. The NAIC model law and regulation specify that agents must meet certain continuation requirements in order to sell this product. In most states, agents will be required to take an 8-hour course in order to transact any type of LTC/Partnership LTC insurance policies. Agents must then take a 4-hour CE course each license period.
This course will satisfy the requirement for ongoing CE required by your state to continue to sell LTC/Partnership insurance. If you have a group of agents to train, please contact us regarding group discounts or in-house training.
For the most up to date information about Long Term Care & Partnership in your state click here.
New Jersey State Requirements
Continuing Education Hours
- 24 hours biennially, including 3 hours of ethics.
- Producers finishing a 4-year license will need to have completed 48 CE hours in order to renew the license. 6 hours of the required 48 CE hours must be in fraud/ethics. A 2-year license will be issued at renewal.
- All Public Adjusters initially licensed after July 4, 2011, as well as all Public Adjusters who are renewing a license that has transitioned into a 2 year license, must fulfill 15 CE hours every 2 year license term.
Course Subject Requirements
- Any course approved for CE in NJ may be taken for credit.
- 3 hours must be taken in Ethics.
- Property producers selling flood must also complete a 3 hour training class on flood insurance and the NFIP.
- Agents wishing to sell LTC must also complete a 8-hourLTC requirement prior to selling LTC products. The LTC requirement counts towards the completion of the basic CE requirement. By the end of each consecutive renewal period, agents must complete a 4-hour "refresher" state-approved LTC course to continue selling LTC.
Continuing Education Compliance Date
License Renewal Date
- Renewal dates on licenses issued prior to 01/01/07 are based on license issuance date every 4 years.
- Jan-March: 1/31
- April-June: 4/30
- July-Sept: 7/31
- Oct-Dec: 10/31
- Note: A license will not be issued for a period of more than 4 years. If a license is initially issued where the standard calendar quarter renewal date would cause the license term to exceed 4 years, the license expiration date will be set in the preceding quarter.
- Licenses issued or renewed after 01/01/07 will renew on the last day of the producers birth month every other year. Initial licenses and licenses transitioned to the new renewal periods will expire at the end of the birth month in the year that will result in a license term at least 18 months in duration.
Type of courses accepted for CE Credit
Self-study, Classroom study, or online courses.
Carryover of excess CE credit hours is NOT allowed.
Courses may not be taken for credit more than once in a license term. This rule applies to any variation of course types (self-study, classroom equivalent, etc).
Online classroom equivalent courses do not require a monitor. Online or paper-based Self-study final exams are required to be monitored by a disinterested third party. Monitors must be preapproved by us prior to completing an exam.
- Nonresident licensees in good standing with their home states are exempt from New Jersey CE requirements.
- Nonresident licensees who completed a NAIC LTC training course in another state are exempt from taking the special training requirement in New Jersey.
Method to Certify Completion
You will be able to print your certificate of completion online once you have completed your exam. The course provider reports credits earned to the CE Administrator (Promissor) within 30 days of course completion. The producer keeps the original certificates of completion in their files.
For Additional Information please Contact:
New Jersey Department of Banking and Insurance
PO Box 325
Trenton, NJ 08625
Phone:(609) 633-0818 ext 50552 or (609) 292-4337
Fax: (609) 292-5263
State Website: www.nj.gov/dobi/inslic.htm
To check the status of your CE credits for your state:
*You will need to provide your SSN and your Name or NJ License Number*
Go to http://www.promissor.com/
- 1. Under, "Find Other Services" click, "Continuing Education Tracking Services"
- 2. Select, "New Jersey Insurance" from the pull-down menu
- 3. Scroll down to the CE-Licensee services heading and click, "Licensee Course Transcript"
- 4. Input your SSN (NO DASHES) and your NJ License number or the first 5 letters of your last name. (If last name is less than 5 letters, input full last name)
- 5. Click, "Submit"
System Requirements: Please note that Internet explorer 8 or higher: Download here
Or Mozilla Firefox 3.5 or higher: Download here are required to view our website when you wish to access the learning center.
This course is taken online in a slideshow format. Throughout the course lessons there will be questions and interactions for you to assist you in the learning process. These interactions may be multiple choice questions, matching terms, sequencing terms, etc.
After all of the lessons are completed, you can proceed to the final exam.
If your state requires monitored exams, you must have your monitor sign-in and follow the monitor instructions BEFORE you begin the exam. See the State Information tab, Monitor tab, and Help Center for more information.
This course is available to the student for one calendar year from the time of purchase.
How to Redeem Vouchers If you have received a CE voucher from an insurance company or wholesaler, you can redeem it by following these instructions.
- Choose your course format - see "course format" tab for more details or click "learn more" above options.
- Click on the red "buy" button to proceed to checkout.
- Be sure to enter your Voucher Code when checking out to apply your discount.
- You will be able to download the study materials immediately by clicking the red "Download Course" on your receipt. It will also be emailed to you and will be available for one year in your customer account.
- You will also be provided with a link and information to access the exam.
Your voucher covers an online book, online exam, grading and one CE certificate for insurance. It DOES NOT INCLUDE printed books, printed exams, state fees or CE certificate(s) or reporting for additional designations or types of CE, although they are available as options for additional charge.
If you choose printed books or exams, you will be charged the balance due during checkout.
If your state charges a fee to report your credit, this fee is due from you. When you check-out, you must pay this fee in order to access the course and obtain CE credit.
After you pass your exam, you will be able to purchase CE certificates for professional designations such as CFP, CPE, etc. you will be charged $10 for each one. Please DO NOT order these additional certificates unless you currently hold that professional designation. There are NO REFUNDS for additional certificates ordered and not needed.
Monitor Instructions - General
Your state requires that your exam(s) MUST be monitored. The qualifications of the person who must monitor your exam are explained on the monitor form. The person monitoring your exam must be with you prior to beginning to take the exam. Taking the exam without your monitor present will invalidate your exam results and certificate.
The monitor must print, sign and complete the affidavit found by clicking Printable Monitor Form to indicate that the exam was taken without any outside help from any source. Please fax the completed monitor form to: (619) 421-8171 immediately after completing the exam. Your exam will not be completed, and no CE credit will be awarded or reported to your state, until the properly completed, signed monitor form has been received (along with any state reporting fees that may be due).