NAIC Long-Term Care and PartnershipThe Deficit Reduction Act made it possible for all states who wish to to offer Partnership for Long-term Care policies. The NAIC model law and regulation specify that agents must meet certain continuation requirements in order to sell this product. In most states, agents will be required to take this 8-hour course in order to transact any type of LTC insurance, but especially the new Partnership policies. In a few states a specific state curriculum will be required, either in addition to, or instead of the 8-hour course.
We are offering the 8-hour course as well as specific state curriculums or supplements which are required by NAIC model Act in order to sell the expansion of Long-term care partnership programs under the DRA, and the price is as low as $19.50 per student. If you have a group of agents to train, please contact us regarding group discounts or in-house training.
For the most up to date information about Long Term Care & Partnership in your state click here.
Maryland State Requirements
Continuing Education Hours
- Twenty-four (24) CE credit hours are required biennially to renew a license.
- Annuity producers must complete a one-time four-hour training course by May 1, 2012.
Course Subject Requirements
- Courses must be approved for lines of insurance for which license is held.
- LH/PC combined licensees must complete 4 hours in each LH and PC.
- Individuals wishing to sell LTC must complete 2 hours of LTC education prior to selling and then biennially thereafter. The 2 hours counts towards the CE requirement.
- Agents wishing to sell LTCP must also complete a 8-hour LTCP requirement prior to selling LTCP products. The LTCP requirement counts towards the completion of the basic CE requirement. By the end of each consecutive renewal period, agents must complete a 4-hour "refresher" state-approved LTCP course to continue selling LTCP.
- All P/C Producers who sell Flood Insurance must complete 2 CE credits in Flood Insurance biennially.
Continuing Education Compliance Date
One day prior to license renewal. License renewal date is license issuance date biennially.
The license term is every 2 years ending on the last day of the producer's birth month.
Type of Courses Accepted for CE Credit
Independent self-study courses, classroom or insurer-sponsored courses.
Credit will not be give for a course that is repeated within a 2 year period. If the courses is taken in 2 consecutive reporting periods, there must be 6 months between completion dates.
Self-study exams are not required to be monitored.
- Nonresident agents are not required to complete CE courses.
- Individuals licensed less than 1 year at the time of the compliance date.
- Individuals who hold a credit life, credit health, or travel license.
- Agents who are 70 years of age or older
- Individuals authorized to sell only HMO coverage, travel insurance, and credit insurance
- Maryland attorneys who hold a producer license to sell title insurance and are in good standing with the Maryland Court of Appeals
Method to Certify Completion
You will be able to print your certificate of completion online once you have completed your exam. The course provider reports credits earned to the CE Administrator within one business day of course completion. The licensee keeps the certificate of completion in his or her files for four years.
A roster fee of $0.60 per credit hour ordered is required to process course completion hours in Maryland and will be added to the order total upon checkout.
For Additional Information Please Contact
Maryland Insurance Administration
200 St. Paul Place Suite 2700
Baltimore, MD 21202-2272
PHONE: (410) 468-2000
FAX: (410) 468-2399
State Website: http://www.mdinsurance.state.md.us/sa/jsp/Mia.jsp
System Requirements: Please note that Mozilla firefox 20 download here or Internet explorer 9 or higher: Download here This course automatically includes a downloadable textbook and/or other course materials which you may print if you desire. When you are finished studying your course, the exam is taken online and it is graded immediately. In most states you can also print your own certificate of completion, if you pass. There is no additional charge if you complete your course and exam completely online.
are required to view our website when you wish to access the learning center. You should also note that taking courses over a wireless internet connection is not advised. When taking your exams you should try to be on a wired internet connection to your computer.
If you prefer, however, you may purchase a printed book and/or printed exam at additional cost.
You have 3 options if purchasing the course outside a subscription:
- Online book and online exam - included in price - You receive no printed materials-everything is online.
- Printed book and online exam - $5 additional - You receive a printed book but take your exam online.
- Printed book and printed exam - $10 additional - You receive a printed book and printed exam which you mail or fax to us for grading.
For options 2 and 3, you will be able to choose either regular or express shipping during checkout.
Please choose your option carefully! There is no refund for printed materials or exams ordered by mistake!
If your state requires monitored exams, you must have your monitor sign-in and follow the monitor instructions BEFORE you begin the exam. See the State Information tab, Monitor tab and Help Center for more information.
How to Redeem Vouchers If you have received a CE voucher from an insurance company or wholesaler, you can redeem it by following these instructions.
- Choose your course format - see "course format" tab for more details or click "learn more" above options.
- Click on the red "buy" button to proceed to checkout.
- Be sure to enter your Voucher Code when checking out to apply your discount.
- You will be able to download the study materials immediately by clicking the red "Download Course" on your receipt. It will also be emailed to you and will be available for one year in your customer account.
- You will also be provided with a link and information to access the exam.
Your voucher covers an online book, online exam, grading and one CE certificate for insurance. It DOES NOT INCLUDE printed books, printed exams, state fees or CE certificate(s) or reporting for additional designations or types of CE, although they are available as options for additional charge.
If you choose printed books or exams, you will be charged the balance due during checkout.
If your state charges a fee to report your credit, this fee is due from you. When you check-out, you must pay this fee in order to access the course and obtain CE credit.
After you pass your exam, you will be able to purchase CE certificates for professional designations such as CFP, CPE, etc. you will be charged $10 for each one. Please DO NOT order these additional certificates unless you currently hold that professional designation. There are NO REFUNDS for additional certificates ordered and not needed.
Optional PACE or CFP Credit
Many of our Insurance CE courses are also approved for CE credit for agents who hold professional designations such as CLU, ChFC, CFP. The type of CE credit and number of hours approved are listed above in the course description.If you hold a professional designation you may request a certificate for courses taken and exams passed for insurance CE credit. If you pass and exam and would like to get additional credit for one of these designations, please use the link to the left: "CFP & PACE Credit".
If you do not hold a professional designation and do not need any type of CE other than for your insurance license renewal, please do not order a PACE or CFP certificate. It will not benefit you and once ordered, there are no refunds!
There are no refunds for certificates ordered by mistake!