4-Hour NAIC Long-Term Care and Partnership
THIS COURSE MUST ONLY BE TAKEN IF YOU HAVE ALREADY TAKEN THE 8-HOUR NAIC LTC COURSE DURING A PRIOR LICENSE PERIOD!
The Deficit Reduction Act made it possible for all states who wish to to offer Partnership for Long-term Care policies. The NAIC model law and regulation specify that agents must meet certain continuation requirements in order to sell this product. In most states, agents will be required to take an 8-hour course in order to transact any type of LTC/Partnership LTC insurance policies. Agents must then take a 4-hour CE course each license period.
This course will satisfy the requirement for ongoing CE required by your state to continue to sell LTC/Partnership insurance. If you have a group of agents to train, please contact us regarding group discounts or in-house training.
For the most up to date information about Long Term Care & Partnership in your state click here.
Maryland State Requirements
Continuing Education Hours
- Twenty-four (24) CE credit hours are required biennially to renew a license.
8 hours biennially for agents with 25 years or more of experience as a licensed agent in Maryland.
- Effective November 1, 2011: Annuity producers must complete a one-time four-hour training course by May 1, 2012.
Course Subject Requirements
- Courses must be approved for lines of insurance for which license is held.
- LH/PC combined licensees must complete 4 hours in each LH and PC.
- Individuals wishing to sell LTC must complete 2 hours of LTC education prior to selling and then biennially thereafter. The 2 hours counts towards the CE requirement.
- Agents wishing to sell LTCP must also complete a 8-hour LTCP requirement prior to selling LTCP products. The LTCP requirement counts towards the completion of the basic CE requirement. By the end of each consecutive renewal period, agents must complete a 4-hour "refresher" state-approved LTCP course to continue selling LTCP.
- All P/C Producers who sell Flood Insurance must complete 2 CE credits in Flood Insurance biennially.
Continuing Education Compliance Date
One day prior to license renewal. License renewal date is license issuance date biennially.
Effective April 11, 2011: The license term is every 2 years ending on the last day of the producer's birth month.
Type of Courses Accepted for CE Credit
Independent self-study courses, classroom or insurer-sponsored courses.
Credit will not be give for a course that is repeated within a 2 year period. If the courses is taken in 2 consecutive reporting periods, there must be 6 months between completion dates.
Self-study exams are not required to be monitored.
- Nonresident agents are not required to complete CE courses.
- Individuals licensed less than 1 year at the time of the compliance date.
- Individuals who hold a credit life, credit health, or travel license.
- Agents who are 70 years of age or older
- Individuals authorized to sell only HMO coverage, travel insurance, and credit insurance
- Maryland attorneys who hold a producer license to sell title insurance and are in good standing with the Maryland Court of Appeals
Method to Certify Completion
You will be able to print your certificate of completion online once you have completed your exam. The course provider reports credits earned to the CE Administrator within one business day of course completion. The licensee keeps the certificate of completion in his or her files for four years.
A roster fee of $0.60 per credit hour ordered is required to process course completion hours in Maryland and will be added to the order total upon checkout.
For Additional Information Please Contact
Maryland Insurance Administration
200 St. Paul Place Suite 2700
Baltimore, MD 21202-2272
PHONE: (410) 468-2000
FAX: (410) 468-2399
State Website: http://www.mdinsurance.state.md.us/sa/jsp/Mia.jsp
System Requirements: Please note that Internet explorer 8 or higher: Download here
Or Mozilla Firefox 3.5 or higher: Download here are required to view our website when you wish to access the learning center.
This course is taken online in a slideshow format. Throughout the course lessons there will be questions and interactions for you to assist you in the learning process. These interactions may be multiple choice questions, matching terms, sequencing terms, etc.
After all of the lessons are completed, you can proceed to the final exam.
If your state requires monitored exams, you must have your monitor sign-in and follow the monitor instructions BEFORE you begin the exam. See the State Information tab, Monitor tab, and Help Center for more information.
This course is available to the student for one calendar year from the time of purchase.
How to Redeem Vouchers If you have received a CE voucher from an insurance company or wholesaler, you can redeem it by following these instructions.
- Choose your course format - see "course format" tab for more details or click "learn more" above options.
- Click on the red "buy" button to proceed to checkout.
- Be sure to enter your Voucher Code when checking out to apply your discount.
- You will be able to download the study materials immediately by clicking the red "Download Course" on your receipt. It will also be emailed to you and will be available for one year in your customer account.
- You will also be provided with a link and information to access the exam.
Your voucher covers an online book, online exam, grading and one CE certificate for insurance. It DOES NOT INCLUDE printed books, printed exams, state fees or CE certificate(s) or reporting for additional designations or types of CE, although they are available as options for additional charge.
If you choose printed books or exams, you will be charged the balance due during checkout.
If your state charges a fee to report your credit, this fee is due from you. When you check-out, you must pay this fee in order to access the course and obtain CE credit.
After you pass your exam, you will be able to purchase CE certificates for professional designations such as CFP, CPE, etc. you will be charged $10 for each one. Please DO NOT order these additional certificates unless you currently hold that professional designation. There are NO REFUNDS for additional certificates ordered and not needed.