NAIC Long-Term Care and PartnershipThe Deficit Reduction Act made it possible for all states who wish to to offer Partnership for Long-term Care policies. The NAIC model law and regulation specify that agents must meet certain continuation requirements in order to sell this product. In most states, agents will be required to take this 8-hour course in order to transact any type of LTC insurance, but especially the new Partnership policies. In a few states a specific state curriculum will be required, either in addition to, or instead of the 8-hour course.
We are offering the 8-hour course as well as specific state curriculums or supplements which are required by NAIC model Act in order to sell the expansion of Long-term care partnership programs under the DRA, and the price is as low as $19.50 per student. If you have a group of agents to train, please contact us regarding group discounts or in-house training.
For the most up to date information about Long Term Care & Partnership in your state click here.
Kansas State Requirements
Continuing Education Hours
- 12 CE credit hours are required biennially to renew a single license (L/H or P/C).
- 24 hours biennially for combined LH/PC (12 hours each).
- 4 hours biennially for title insurance.
- 2 hours biennially for crop insurance and life licensees who sell only pre-need funeral insurance.
Course Subject Requirements
- LH and PC licensees must complete 1 hour of ethics as part of their 12 hour requirement. Combined LH/PC must complete 2 hours of ethics- 1 hour for L/H and 1 hour for P/C as part of their 24 hour requirement.
- Courses must be approved for lines of insurance for which license is held.
- LH/PC combined licensees must complete 50% of hours in each LH and PC.
- Courses must be completed in the lines in which a license is held.
- All producers currently licensed to sell, solicit, and negotiate annuity products must complete a one-time annuity training course approved for at least 4 hours
- Agency management courses limited to 3 hours per reporting period.
- All Kansas resident insurance producers licensed in property and casualty or personal lines of authority that may sell a flood insurance policy must complete a one-time course related to NFIP which will provide at least three (3) hours of continuing education credit. These three (3) hours are not required in addition to the normal 12 hours.
- Agents wishing to sell LTC must also complete a 8-hour LTC requirement prior to selling LTC products. The LTC requirement counts towards the completion of the basic CE requirement. By the end of each consecutive renewal period, agents must complete a 4-hour "refresher" state-approved LTC course to continue selling LTC. In addition, producers must complete 1 hour of state-approved Kansas LTCP training each term thereafter.
- Public adjusters must compete 1 hour in approved ethics courses. All other hours must be completed in approved property/casualty courses.
Continuing Education Compliance Date
Same as license renewal date.
License Renewal Date
License renewal date is the agent's date of birth biennially. Licensee's born in odd numbered years report in odd years, even numbered years report even years.
Type of Courses Accepted for CE Credit
Independent self study courses or classroom courses.
Credit will not be given for a course (including those approved to meet the ethics requirement) that is repeated within a 2 year period.
Self-study exams must be monitored by an independent third party. (i.e. not affiliated in anyway with the sponsoring organization or the licensee).
Individuals licensed less than two years at the time of the compliance date.
Method to Certify Completion
Your certificate of completion will be e-mailed to you once the exam is complete. Course Provider will submit course credits to the CE administrator within one business day of course completion. Copies of the certificates of completion must be submitted to the insurance department by the renewal date. The licensee keeps the original certificates of completion in their files for the remainder of the biennium in which the courses were completed and the entire biennium immediately following.
Exempt if licensee takes courses to meet home state CE requirement. The insurance department will use the PDB to verify home state license status.
For Additional Information please Contact:
Kansas Insurance Department
Agents and Licensing Division
420 S.W. 9th St.
Topeka, KS 66612-1678
Phone: (785) 296-3071
Fax: (785) 296-7805
State Website: http://www.ksinsurance.org/
System Requirements: Please note that Mozilla firefox 20 download here or Internet explorer 9 or higher: Download here This course automatically includes a downloadable textbook and/or other course materials which you may print if you desire. When you are finished studying your course, the exam is taken online and it is graded immediately. In most states you can also print your own certificate of completion, if you pass. There is no additional charge if you complete your course and exam completely online.
are required to view our website when you wish to access the learning center. You should also note that taking courses over a wireless internet connection is not advised. When taking your exams you should try to be on a wired internet connection to your computer.
If you prefer, however, you may purchase a printed book and/or printed exam at additional cost.
You have 3 options if purchasing the course outside a subscription:
- Online book and online exam - included in price - You receive no printed materials-everything is online.
- Printed book and online exam - $5 additional - You receive a printed book but take your exam online.
- Printed book and printed exam - $10 additional - You receive a printed book and printed exam which you mail or fax to us for grading.
For options 2 and 3, you will be able to choose either regular or express shipping during checkout.
Please choose your option carefully! There is no refund for printed materials or exams ordered by mistake!
If your state requires monitored exams, you must have your monitor sign-in and follow the monitor instructions BEFORE you begin the exam. See the State Information tab, Monitor tab and Help Center for more information.
How to Redeem Vouchers If you have received a CE voucher from an insurance company or wholesaler, you can redeem it by following these instructions.
- Choose your course format - see "course format" tab for more details or click "learn more" above options.
- Click on the red "buy" button to proceed to checkout.
- Be sure to enter your Voucher Code when checking out to apply your discount.
- You will be able to download the study materials immediately by clicking the red "Download Course" on your receipt. It will also be emailed to you and will be available for one year in your customer account.
- You will also be provided with a link and information to access the exam.
Your voucher covers an online book, online exam, grading and one CE certificate for insurance. It DOES NOT INCLUDE printed books, printed exams, state fees or CE certificate(s) or reporting for additional designations or types of CE, although they are available as options for additional charge.
If you choose printed books or exams, you will be charged the balance due during checkout.
If your state charges a fee to report your credit, this fee is due from you. When you check-out, you must pay this fee in order to access the course and obtain CE credit.
After you pass your exam, you will be able to purchase CE certificates for professional designations such as CFP, CPE, etc. you will be charged $10 for each one. Please DO NOT order these additional certificates unless you currently hold that professional designation. There are NO REFUNDS for additional certificates ordered and not needed.
Monitor Instructions - General
Your state requires that your exam(s) MUST be monitored. The qualifications of the person who must monitor your exam are explained on the monitor form. The person monitoring your exam must be with you prior to beginning to take the exam. Taking the exam without your monitor present will invalidate your exam results and certificate.
The monitor must print, sign and complete the affidavit found by clicking Printable Monitor Form to indicate that the exam was taken without any outside help from any source. Please fax the completed monitor form to: (619) 421-8171 immediately after completing the exam. Your exam will not be completed, and no CE credit will be awarded or reported to your state, until the properly completed, signed monitor form has been received (along with any state reporting fees that may be due).
Optional PACE or CFP Credit
Many of our Insurance CE courses are also approved for CE credit for agents who hold professional designations such as CLU, ChFC, CFP. The type of CE credit and number of hours approved are listed above in the course description.If you hold a professional designation you may request a certificate for courses taken and exams passed for insurance CE credit. If you pass and exam and would like to get additional credit for one of these designations, please use the link to the left: "CFP & PACE Credit".
If you do not hold a professional designation and do not need any type of CE other than for your insurance license renewal, please do not order a PACE or CFP certificate. It will not benefit you and once ordered, there are no refunds!
There are no refunds for certificates ordered by mistake!