4-Hour NAIC Long-Term Care and Partnership
THIS COURSE MUST ONLY BE TAKEN IF YOU HAVE ALREADY TAKEN THE 8-HOUR NAIC LTC COURSE DURING A PRIOR LICENSE PERIOD!
The Deficit Reduction Act made it possible for all states who wish to to offer Partnership for Long-term Care policies. The NAIC model law and regulation specify that agents must meet certain continuation requirements in order to sell this product. In most states, agents will be required to take an 8-hour course in order to transact any type of LTC/Partnership LTC insurance policies. Agents must then take a 4-hour CE course each license period.
This course will satisfy the requirement for ongoing CE required by your state to continue to sell LTC/Partnership insurance. If you have a group of agents to train, please contact us regarding group discounts or in-house training.
For the most up to date information about Long Term Care & Partnership in your state click here.
Illinois State Requirements
Continuing Education Hours
- 24 hours are required every two years to renew a license.
Course Subject Requirements
- Agents wishing to sell LTC must also complete a 8-hour LTC requirement prior to selling LTC products. The LTC requirement counts towards the completion of the basic CE requirement. By the end of each consecutive renewal period, agents must complete a 4-hour "refresher" LTC course to continue selling LTC.
- All Illinois licensed resident insurance producers who sell federal flood insurance policies shall be required to complete a one time 3-hour requirement on flood insurance.
- According to John Montalbano (Education Coordinator) at the DOI, 3 hours of ethics credit in IL must be done in Classroom as of 12/23/2009.
- Effective July 1, 2010: all life agents who hold a Viatical Settlement Broker license must complete a 4-hour course in viatical settlements every renewal period.
- Effective September 26, 2011: All annuity producers must complete a one-time 4-hour annuity training course.
Continuing Education Compliance Date
All continuing education credits must be achieved by the date of the license renewal.
Same as license renewal date every two years. However, it is recommended that CE be completed 8 weeks earlier so that the CE provider has time to report compliance.
Types of Courses Accepted for CE Credit
Independent self-study courses and classroom study.
Final exams are not required to be monitored.
A maximum of 12 credit hours may be carried over to the next reporting period.
Credit will not be give for a course that is repeated within a 3 year period.
- Individuals with a temporary license.
- Individuals with any of the following limited licenses: baggage, limited travel health, trip cancellation, industrial life or industrial health; and insurance issued by a local mutual district, county, or township insurance company.
- Nonresident producers who meet their resident states' CE requirements
Method To Certify Completion
You will be able to print your certificate of completion online once you have completed your exam. The course provider reports credits earned to the insurance department within one business day of the course completion. The licensee keeps the original certificates of completion in his or her files for 5 years.
Exempt. Nonresidents who wish to sell LTC are not exempt from the LTC education requirement.
For Additional Information Please Contact
Illinois Department of Insurance
Producer Licensing Unit
320 W. Washington St.
Springfield, IL 62767
Phone: (217) 782-6366 -OR- (217) 782-1019
Fax: (217) 782-6367
State Website: http://www.idfpr.com/DOI/default2.asp
To Check the Status of Your CE Credits
*You will need to provide your name and SSN.*
- 1. Go to: http://www.idfpr.com/DOI/Default2.asp.
- 2. Click the, "Producers" button on the left,
- 3. Click "Producer Licensing Record" under the heading, "Illinois Licensed Insurance Producer Database".
- 4. Click "Continue".
- 5. Input your SSN (including the dashes).
- 6. Input your name (last name first name mi).
- 7. Click "Search".
- 8. If the search yields results, you will be asked to input the "Index Number: of the appropriate record in the "Selection" field.
- 9. After inputting the proper index number, click, "View Detail".
System Requirements: Please note that Internet explorer 8 or higher: Download here
Or Mozilla Firefox 3.5 or higher: Download here are required to view our website when you wish to access the learning center.
This course is taken online in a slideshow format. Throughout the course lessons there will be questions and interactions for you to assist you in the learning process. These interactions may be multiple choice questions, matching terms, sequencing terms, etc.
After all of the lessons are completed, you can proceed to the final exam.
If your state requires monitored exams, you must have your monitor sign-in and follow the monitor instructions BEFORE you begin the exam. See the State Information tab, Monitor tab, and Help Center for more information.
This course is available to the student for one calendar year from the time of purchase.
How to Redeem Vouchers If you have received a CE voucher from an insurance company or wholesaler, you can redeem it by following these instructions.
- Choose your course format - see "course format" tab for more details or click "learn more" above options.
- Click on the red "buy" button to proceed to checkout.
- Be sure to enter your Voucher Code when checking out to apply your discount.
- You will be able to download the study materials immediately by clicking the red "Download Course" on your receipt. It will also be emailed to you and will be available for one year in your customer account.
- You will also be provided with a link and information to access the exam.
Your voucher covers an online book, online exam, grading and one CE certificate for insurance. It DOES NOT INCLUDE printed books, printed exams, state fees or CE certificate(s) or reporting for additional designations or types of CE, although they are available as options for additional charge.
If you choose printed books or exams, you will be charged the balance due during checkout.
If your state charges a fee to report your credit, this fee is due from you. When you check-out, you must pay this fee in order to access the course and obtain CE credit.
After you pass your exam, you will be able to purchase CE certificates for professional designations such as CFP, CPE, etc. you will be charged $10 for each one. Please DO NOT order these additional certificates unless you currently hold that professional designation. There are NO REFUNDS for additional certificates ordered and not needed.