4-Hour NAIC Long-Term Care and Partnership
THIS COURSE MUST ONLY BE TAKEN IF YOU HAVE ALREADY TAKEN THE 8-HOUR NAIC LTC COURSE DURING A PRIOR LICENSE PERIOD!
The Deficit Reduction Act made it possible for all states who wish to to offer Partnership for Long-term Care policies. The NAIC model law and regulation specify that agents must meet certain continuation requirements in order to sell this product. In most states, agents will be required to take an 8-hour course in order to transact any type of LTC/Partnership LTC insurance policies. Agents must then take a 4-hour CE course each license period.
This course will satisfy the requirement for ongoing CE required by your state to continue to sell LTC/Partnership insurance. If you have a group of agents to train, please contact us regarding group discounts or in-house training.
For the most up to date information about Long Term Care & Partnership in your state click here.
Iowa State Requirements
Continuing Education Hours
- 36 hours, 3 of these credits must be in the subject of ethics.
- All Iowa licensed resident insurance producers who sell federal flood insurance policies shall be required to complete a one-time 3-hour requirement on flood insurance.
- All annuity producers must complete a one-time 4 hour annuity training course.
- All producers selling indexed life products must complete a one-time 4 hour training course.
- Producers selling long term care insurance must complete an initial 8 hour course on long-term care prior to selling long-term care policies and a 4 hour course biennially thereafter.
Continuing Education Compliance Date
The license term is the last day of the licensee's birth month every 3 years. CE and license renewal must be completed prior to the expiration date on the license. You may track your CE credits and verify your expiration date on the state website at: www2.iid.state.ia.us/iidweb/agents/licensing
Types of Courses Accepted for CE Credit
Independent self-study courses (50% of credit hours of the total requirement may be met through self-study) and Classroom study.
Self-study final exams are required to be monitored by a licensed producer or education provider.
No excess CE credit hours may be carried over to the next reporting period.
Courses may not be taken for credit more than once in each CE term.
- A producer who is licensed for credit (18), crop (4), or surety (5). This producer need not report CE credits but must pay the appropriate fee to renew the license.
- A producer who is an attorney licensed to sell insurance. The producer/attorney must file a report showing proof of compliance with the continuing legal education requirement for the attorney's home state and pay the CE fee and the renewal fee. If the attorney does not have a CE requirement in their home state, they must comply with the Iowa insurance CE requirements.
- A nonresident producer who lives in a state where CE is required. These producers must file the renewal notice through the NIPR gateway. For details, visit http://www.licenseregistry.com/
- A producer who successfully completes an examination for a line of authority which requires continuing education. This exemption is only for the CE term in which the examination was completed, prior to the first license renewal.
Method to Certify Completion
Your certificate will be e-mailed to you after you complete the exam. The course provider reports credit earned to the insurance division within one business day of course completion and maintains attendance records for each course for at least 4 years. The producer keeps the original certificates of completion in his or her files for 4 years.
A roster fee of $1.00 per CE hour is required to process course completion hours in Iowa and will be added to the order upon checkout.
Exempt if they live in a state or district having a CE requirement for insurance producers. Producer must file the producer renewal report and pay the renewal fee. Letter of Certification is no longer required. Insurance division will use the PDB to verify license status.
Company Appointment Renewal Invoicing Fee Increase
Effective November 1, 2011, NIPR will be increasing the fees charged for Company Appointment Renewal Invoicing. This unique product supports Regulatory requirements related to a carriers' renewal of producer appointments.
The NIPR processing fee will equal 1% of total state fees charged with a minimum of $5.00 and a maximum of $1,000.00.
# of appts
Transaction fee is 1% of $2000.00 or $20.00
For Additional Information please Contact:
Iowa Insurance Division
Department of Commerce
330 Maple Street
Des Moines, IA 50319-0065
Phone: (515) 281-7761
State Website: http://www.iid.state.ia.us/
System Requirements: Please note that Internet explorer 8 or higher: Download here
Or Mozilla Firefox 3.5 or higher: Download here are required to view our website when you wish to access the learning center.
This course is taken online in a slideshow format. Throughout the course lessons there will be questions and interactions for you to assist you in the learning process. These interactions may be multiple choice questions, matching terms, sequencing terms, etc.
After all of the lessons are completed, you can proceed to the final exam.
If your state requires monitored exams, you must have your monitor sign-in and follow the monitor instructions BEFORE you begin the exam. See the State Information tab, Monitor tab, and Help Center for more information.
This course is available to the student for one calendar year from the time of purchase.
How to Redeem Vouchers If you have received a CE voucher from an insurance company or wholesaler, you can redeem it by following these instructions.
- Choose your course format - see "course format" tab for more details or click "learn more" above options.
- Click on the red "buy" button to proceed to checkout.
- Be sure to enter your Voucher Code when checking out to apply your discount.
- You will be able to download the study materials immediately by clicking the red "Download Course" on your receipt. It will also be emailed to you and will be available for one year in your customer account.
- You will also be provided with a link and information to access the exam.
Your voucher covers an online book, online exam, grading and one CE certificate for insurance. It DOES NOT INCLUDE printed books, printed exams, state fees or CE certificate(s) or reporting for additional designations or types of CE, although they are available as options for additional charge.
If you choose printed books or exams, you will be charged the balance due during checkout.
If your state charges a fee to report your credit, this fee is due from you. When you check-out, you must pay this fee in order to access the course and obtain CE credit.
After you pass your exam, you will be able to purchase CE certificates for professional designations such as CFP, CPE, etc. you will be charged $10 for each one. Please DO NOT order these additional certificates unless you currently hold that professional designation. There are NO REFUNDS for additional certificates ordered and not needed.
Monitor Instructions - Iowa
Your state requires that your exam(s) MUST be monitored. The qualifications of the person who must monitor your exam are explained on the monitor form. The person monitoring your exam must be with you prior to beginning to take the exam. Taking the exam without your monitor present will invalidate your exam results and certificate.
The monitor must print, sign and complete the affidavit found by clicking Printable Monitor Form to indicate that the exam was taken without any outside help from any source. Please fax the completed monitor form to: (619) 421-8171 immediately after completing the exam. Your exam will not be completed, and no CE credit will be awarded or reported to your state, until the properly completed, signed monitor form has been received (along with any state reporting fees that may be due).