Washington State Requirements
Continuing Education Hours
- Producers: 24 hours biennially.
- Individuals licensed for vehicle authority will be required to comply with continuing education requirements beginning with renewals.
Course Subject Requirements
- Agents must complete 3 hours of ethics education.
- Agents can take courses from any license type to complete their CE, however, the OIC suggests that licensees take courses covering the lines of insurance they are involved with most often.
- Agents wishing to sell LTC must also complete a 8-hourLTC requirement prior to selling LTC products. The LTC requirement counts towards the completion of the basic CE requirement. Every 24 months, agents must complete a 4-hour "refresher" state-approved LTC course to continue selling LTC based on the LTC training model
- Agents wishing to sell flood insurance must also complete a one-time, 3 hour flood course approved for National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) training.
- Effective March 29, 2012: all agents wishing to sell annuities must also complete a one-time, 4 hour annuities course based on the NAIC training model.
Continuing Education Compliance Date
Same as license renewal date.
License Renewal Date
License renewal date is the licensee's date of birth, biennially.
Type of courses accepted for CE Credit
Independent self-study courses or classroom.
Carryover of excess CE credit hours is not allowed.
A course can be completed once for credit each license renewal cycle.
Final exams are not required to be monitored.
- Nonresidents (unless they sell long-term care).
- Military activation or medical condition that prevents the agent from completing CE
- Resident adjusters and producers holding only limited credit insurance, travel insurance, or surety licenses are exempt from CE requirements.
Method to Certify Completion
You will be able to print your certificate of completion online once you have completed your exam. The course provider will submit credits earned to the CE administrator within one business day of course completion. The licensee keeps the original certificates of completion in their files for three years. LTC credits: the insurer certifies to the Commissioner that its appointees are in compliance with the requirement.
Exempt, except for long-term care requirement.
For Additional Information please Contact:
Office of Ins. Commissioner
Attn: Producer Licensing & Oversight
P.O. Box 40255
Olympia, WA 98504-0255
Phone: (360) 725-7146 or (360) 725-7144
Fax: (360) 586-2019
State Website: http://www.insurance.wa.gov/
System Requirements: Please note that Mozilla firefox 20 download here or Internet explorer 9 or higher: Download here This course automatically includes a downloadable textbook and/or other course materials which you may print if you desire. When you are finished studying your course, the exam is taken online and it is graded immediately. In most states you can also print your own certificate of completion, if you pass. There is no additional charge if you complete your course and exam completely online.
are required to view our website when you wish to access the learning center. You should also note that taking courses over a wireless internet connection is not advised. When taking your exams you should try to be on a wired internet connection to your computer.
If you prefer, however, you may purchase a printed book and/or printed exam at additional cost.
You have 3 options if purchasing the course outside a subscription:
- Online book and online exam - included in price - You receive no printed materials-everything is online.
- Printed book and online exam - $5 additional - You receive a printed book but take your exam online.
- Printed book and printed exam - $10 additional - You receive a printed book and printed exam which you mail or fax to us for grading.
For options 2 and 3, you will be able to choose either regular or express shipping during checkout.
Please choose your option carefully! There is no refund for printed materials or exams ordered by mistake!
If your state requires monitored exams, you must have your monitor sign-in and follow the monitor instructions BEFORE you begin the exam. See the State Information tab, Monitor tab and Help Center for more information.
CE Subscriptions Upon purchase, the student will have access to all of the courses on the course list tab. You can click "Go to My Courses" on the left navigation bar or go to www.kruisetesting.com and enter the same user name (email address) and password you used to purchase your subscription to open your account. All courses will be available for download, and all exams will be available to the student for a period of one year from the date of purchase. Just scroll down to the name of the course you wish to take, and there will be links to open the study materials and to take the exam. Students may get credit for each course once during the duration of the subscription. The cost of the subscription covers the online book/presentation, the exam & grading, the certificate of completion, and reporting (where required by law). The only additional charges that may be assessed are:
This subscription applies only to the agent who purchases it, and cannot be transferred to or used by any other agent.
Subscriptions expire in 365 days from purchase, there are no refunds for not using the package while it's active.
If you wish to have printed materials shipped, the cost per book is $10 + shipping & handling per book.