Missouri State Requirements
Continuing Education Hours
- 16 hours are required biennially
Course Subject Requirements
- Courses must be approved for lines of insurance for which license is held.
- All Missouri producers are required to complete 3 hours covering ethics and/or laws. Agents wishing to sell LTC must also complete a 8-hour LTC requirement prior to selling LTC products. The LTC requirement counts towards the completion of the basic CE requirement. By the end of each consecutive renewal period, agents must complete a 4-hour "refresher" state-approved LTC course to continue selling LTC.
Continuing Education Compliance Date
Same as license renewal date. License renewal date is the license issuance date, biennially.
Type of Courses Accepted for CE Credit
Independent self-study courses or classroom courses.
Excess CE credit hours may be carried over to the next reporting period.
Credit will not be given for courses taken more than once in a biennium.
Self-study final exams are required to be monitored by a disinterested third party. (i.e. not a relative or business associate)
- Travel insurance agents who are representatives of a common carrier.
- Any person who sells credit life, accident & health or property insurance in connection with a loan.
- Persons who sell only title insurance or crop insurance
- Any person who sells only pre-arranged funeral plan insurance.
- Any person who is at least 70 years old.
- The producer has suffered a serious physical injury or illness.
- The producer is on active duty in the Armed Forces for an extended time.
Method to Certify Completion
Certificates are sent via e-mail upon completion of CE courses. The course provider submits credits earned to the CE administrator within one business day of course completion. The licensee transfers information from the certificates of completion to Missouri's summary report form. The summary report must be submitted to the insurance department with the license renewal. The licensee keeps a copy of the summary report and the original certificates of completion in their files for 4 years.
A roster fee of $1.00 per credit hour ordered is required to process course completion hours in Missouri and will be added to the order total upon checkout.
Exempt if licensee meets home state CE requirement. Licensee must submit continuing education summary form. Nonresidents do not need to submit a letter of certification provided license status can be verified on the PDB.
For Additional Information Please Contact
Missouri Department of Insurance
PO Box 690
Jefferson City, MO 65102-0690
Phone: (573) 751-3518
FAX: (573) 526-3416
State Website: http://insurance.mo.gov/
System Requirements: Please note that Mozilla firefox 20 download here or Internet explorer 9 or higher: Download here This course automatically includes a downloadable textbook and/or other course materials which you may print if you desire. When you are finished studying your course, the exam is taken online and it is graded immediately. In most states you can also print your own certificate of completion, if you pass. There is no additional charge if you complete your course and exam completely online.
are required to view our website when you wish to access the learning center. You should also note that taking courses over a wireless internet connection is not advised. When taking your exams you should try to be on a wired internet connection to your computer.
If you prefer, however, you may purchase a printed book and/or printed exam at additional cost.
You have 3 options if purchasing the course outside a subscription:
- Online book and online exam - included in price - You receive no printed materials-everything is online.
- Printed book and online exam - $5 additional - You receive a printed book but take your exam online.
- Printed book and printed exam - $10 additional - You receive a printed book and printed exam which you mail or fax to us for grading.
For options 2 and 3, you will be able to choose either regular or express shipping during checkout.
Please choose your option carefully! There is no refund for printed materials or exams ordered by mistake!
If your state requires monitored exams, you must have your monitor sign-in and follow the monitor instructions BEFORE you begin the exam. See the State Information tab, Monitor tab and Help Center for more information.
Monitor Instructions - Missouri
Your state requires that your exam(s) MUST be monitored. The qualifications of the person who must monitor your exam are explained on the monitor form. The person monitoring your exam must be with you prior to beginning to take the exam. Taking the exam without your monitor present will invalidate your exam results and certificate.
The monitor must print, sign and complete the affidavit found by clicking Printable Monitor Form to indicate that the exam was taken without any outside help from any source. Please fax the completed monitor form to: (619) 421-8171 immediately after completing the exam.