Maryland State Requirements
Continuing Education Hours
- Twenty-four (24) CE credit hours are required biennially to renew a license.
- Annuity producers must complete a one-time four-hour training course by May 1, 2012.
Course Subject Requirements
- Courses must be approved for lines of insurance for which license is held.
- LH/PC combined licensees must complete 4 hours in each LH and PC.
- Individuals wishing to sell LTC must complete 2 hours of LTC education prior to selling and then biennially thereafter. The 2 hours counts towards the CE requirement.
- Agents wishing to sell LTCP must also complete a 8-hour LTCP requirement prior to selling LTCP products. The LTCP requirement counts towards the completion of the basic CE requirement. By the end of each consecutive renewal period, agents must complete a 4-hour "refresher" state-approved LTCP course to continue selling LTCP.
- All P/C Producers who sell Flood Insurance must complete 2 CE credits in Flood Insurance biennially.
Continuing Education Compliance Date
One day prior to license renewal. License renewal date is license issuance date biennially.
The license term is every 2 years ending on the last day of the producer's birth month.
Type of Courses Accepted for CE Credit
Independent self-study courses, classroom or insurer-sponsored courses.
Credit will not be give for a course that is repeated within a 2 year period. If the courses is taken in 2 consecutive reporting periods, there must be 6 months between completion dates.
Self-study exams are not required to be monitored.
- Nonresident agents are not required to complete CE courses.
- Individuals licensed less than 1 year at the time of the compliance date.
- Individuals who hold a credit life, credit health, or travel license.
- Agents who are 70 years of age or older
- Individuals authorized to sell only HMO coverage, travel insurance, and credit insurance
- Maryland attorneys who hold a producer license to sell title insurance and are in good standing with the Maryland Court of Appeals
Method to Certify Completion
You will be able to print your certificate of completion online once you have completed your exam. The course provider reports credits earned to the CE Administrator within one business day of course completion. The licensee keeps the certificate of completion in his or her files for four years.
A roster fee of $0.60 per credit hour ordered is required to process course completion hours in Maryland and will be added to the order total upon checkout.
For Additional Information Please Contact
Maryland Insurance Administration
200 St. Paul Place Suite 2700
Baltimore, MD 21202-2272
PHONE: (410) 468-2000
FAX: (410) 468-2399
State Website: http://www.mdinsurance.state.md.us/sa/jsp/Mia.jsp
System Requirements: Please note that Mozilla firefox 20 download here or Internet explorer 9 or higher: Download here This course automatically includes a downloadable textbook and/or other course materials which you may print if you desire. When you are finished studying your course, the exam is taken online and it is graded immediately. In most states you can also print your own certificate of completion, if you pass. There is no additional charge if you complete your course and exam completely online.
are required to view our website when you wish to access the learning center. You should also note that taking courses over a wireless internet connection is not advised. When taking your exams you should try to be on a wired internet connection to your computer.
If you prefer, however, you may purchase a printed book and/or printed exam at additional cost.
You have 3 options if purchasing the course outside a subscription:
- Online book and online exam - included in price - You receive no printed materials-everything is online.
- Printed book and online exam - $5 additional - You receive a printed book but take your exam online.
- Printed book and printed exam - $10 additional - You receive a printed book and printed exam which you mail or fax to us for grading.
For options 2 and 3, you will be able to choose either regular or express shipping during checkout.
Please choose your option carefully! There is no refund for printed materials or exams ordered by mistake!
If your state requires monitored exams, you must have your monitor sign-in and follow the monitor instructions BEFORE you begin the exam. See the State Information tab, Monitor tab and Help Center for more information.
CE Subscriptions Upon purchase, the student will have access to all of the courses on the course list tab. You can click "Go to My Courses" on the left navigation bar or go to www.kruisetesting.com and enter the same user name (email address) and password you used to purchase your subscription to open your account. All courses will be available for download, and all exams will be available to the student for a period of one year from the date of purchase. Just scroll down to the name of the course you wish to take, and there will be links to open the study materials and to take the exam. Students may get credit for each course once during the duration of the subscription. The cost of the subscription covers the online book/presentation, the exam & grading, the certificate of completion, and reporting (where required by law). The only additional charges that may be assessed are:
This subscription applies only to the agent who purchases it, and cannot be transferred to or used by any other agent.
Subscriptions expire in 365 days from purchase, there are no refunds for not using the package while it's active.
If you wish to have printed materials shipped, the cost per book is $10 + shipping & handling per book.
Optional PACE or CFP Credit
Many of our Insurance CE courses are also approved for CE credit for agents who hold professional designations such as CLU, ChFC, CFP. The type of CE credit and number of hours approved are listed above in the course description.If you hold a professional designation you may request a certificate for courses taken and exams passed for insurance CE credit. If you pass and exam and would like to get additional credit for one of these designations, please use the link to the left: "CFP & PACE Credit".
If you do not hold a professional designation and do not need any type of CE other than for your insurance license renewal, please do not order a PACE or CFP certificate. It will not benefit you and once ordered, there are no refunds!
There are no refunds for certificates ordered by mistake!