Wyoming State Requirements
Continuing Education Hours
Producers and adjusters, including non-resident adjusters: 24 hours biennially.
Course Subject Requirements
- At least 3 of the required hours must be in ethics courses.
- All Wyoming licensed resident insurance producers who sell federal flood insurance policies shall be required to complete a one time 3 hour requirement on flood insurance.
- Agents wishing to sell LTC must also complete a 8-hourLTC requirement prior to selling LTC products. The LTC requirement counts towards the completion of the basic CE requirement. By the end of each consecutive renewal period, agents must complete a 4-hour "refresher" state-approved LTC course to continue selling LTC.
Continuing Education Compliance Date
Same as license renewal date. License renews biennially on the last day of the producer's birth month.
Type of courses accepted for CE Credit
Independent self study courses, classroom, or company-sponsored courses (cannot exceed 50% of total requirement)
Final exams for self-study must be monitored by a disinterested third party
Courses may not be repeated within 2 a year period.
- Individuals holding a limited producers license
- Individuals licensed for credit life and credit disability
- Individuals licensed for funeral service contracts
- Nonresident producers
Method to Certify Completion
You will be able to print your certificate of completion online once you have completed your exam. The licensee transfers information from the certificates of completion to Wyoming's summary report form, and attaches copies of the certificates. The summary report, copies of the certificates and the CE filing fee must be submitted to the insurance department by the compliance date. The licensee keeps a copy of the summary report and the original certificates of completion in his or her files for two years.
- Producers are exempt.
- Adjusters must meet resident state requirement. If none, adjuster must complete 24 hours biennially including 3 hours of ethics.
For Additional Information please Contact:
Wyoming Insurance Department
106 E. 6th Ave
Cheyenne, WY 82002-0440
Phone: (307) 777-7344 or (307) 777-7319
Fax: (307) 777-5895
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Geri Nalder, Licensing Administrator)
State Website: http://insurance.state.wy.us/index.asp