Kruise Help Center Utah
@pple point of arrow  Sandi Kruise Insurance Training

 Your Best Choice for Insurance Education
Call us Toll-Free

Buy Courses
Vouchers / Coupons
CE Subscriptions
LTC & Partnership
CFP & PACE Credit
Securities Training

Go To My Courses
View My Account

What's New?
About Us
Help Center
Job Opportunities

Login Status  Login Status

Not logged in

» Login

Shopping cart  Shopping cart
0 Product(s) in cart
Total $0.00
» Checkout

Join Our Mailing List

For Email Marketing you can trust


Welcome to the Help Center


Utah State Requirements

Updated: 12/16/2013

Continuing Education Hours

Producers and Adjusters: 24 hours of CE biennially, 3 of which must be ethics

Title Producers: 12 hours of CE biennially, 3 hours of ethics

Agents licensed 20 years or more must complete 6 CE hours biennially, including 3 years of ethics.

Course Subject Requirements

  • Hours can be taken in any line of authority.
  • 3 hours must be taken in Ethics.
  • 50% of the total required hours must be taken in a classroom.
  • All Utah licensed resident insurance producers who sell federal flood insurance policies must complete a one-time course related to the NFIP Flood requirement. The producer licensee will receive three hours of continuing education credits for completion of this course.

Continuing Education Compliance Date

Same as license renewal date

License Renewal Date

License renewal date is the last day of license issuance month, biennially, based on year of issue.

Type of courses accepted for CE Credit

Independent self-study courses (up to one-half of requirement), Courses sponsored by the Insurance company for which licensee is employed (up to one-half of requirement), or Classroom (50% of the total required hours must be taken in a classroom).

Carryover Requirements

Carryover of excess CE credit hours is not allowed.

Course Repetition

Credit will not be given for courses that are repeated.

Final Exam

Final exam is not required to be monitored.


  • Individuals whose license lapses due to military service, voluntary service for a period of time designated by the person for whom the licensee provides voluntary service, or some other extenuating circumstance, such as long term medical disability, may be exempt from the continuing education requirements in order to reinstate the license.
  • An individual who was first licensed before April 1st, 1978 may be exempt from continuing education requirements.
  • Producers holding and maintaining the following designations are deemed to have met the CE requirements: CLU, ChFC and RHU with completion of the PACE program; CPCU with completion of the CPD program; and CFP, REBC, CIC, ACSR, CRM, SOFE, or IRES with completion of their continuing education requirements.
  • A title producer who is an active member in good standing with the State Bar, and has met the continuing education requirements of the Utah State Bar, is considered to have met the continuing education requirements for the Utah Insurance Department.

Method to Certify Completion

You will be able to print your certificate of completion online once you have completed your exam. The course provider reports credits earned to Sircon. The licensee submits the CE filing fee to the insurance department by the compliance date. The course provider keeps copies of attendance rosters on file for two years. The licensee keeps the certificates of completion in his or her files and furnishes them to the insurance department upon request as part of a random audit.


Exempt if licensee's home state requires substantially similar CE. Nonresident submits letter of certification (not more than 90 days old) with the renewal card and fees. If licensee's home state has no similar CE requirement, licensee must comply with Utah's CE requirement.

Nonresident independent adjusters are required to be licensed in Utah.

For Additional Information please Contact:

State of Utah Insurance Department
3110 State Office Building
Salt Lake City, Utah 841141

Phone: (801) 538-3809 or (801) 538-3855
Fax: (801) 538-3829


State Website:

To check the status of your CE credits for your state:
*You will need your SSN and License number*

  • 1. Go to
  • 2. Click, "For Producers/Agents"
  • 3. Click, "Obtain Education Information"
  • 4. Click, "Education Transcript Inquiry"
  • 5. Input your SSN, choose your state from the pull-down menu, and input your License number
  • 6. Click, "Submit".


Additional articles in this section...
  1. Alabama
  2. Alaska
  3. Arizona
  4. Arkansas
  5. California
  6. Colorado
  7. Connecticut
  8. Delaware
  9. District of Columbia
  10. Florida
  11. Georgia
  12. Hawaii
  13. Idaho
  14. Illinois
  15. Indiana
  16. Iowa
  17. Kansas
  18. Kentucky
  19. Louisiana
  20. Maine
  21. Maryland
  22. Massachusetts
  23. Michigan
  24. Minnesota
  25. Mississippi
  26. Missouri
  27. Montana
  28. Nebraska
  29. Nevada
  30. New Hampshire
  31. New Jersey
  32. New Mexico
  33. New York
  34. North Carolina
  35. North Dakota
  36. Ohio
  37. Oklahoma
  38. Oregon
  39. Pennsylvania
  40. Rhode Island
  41. South Carolina
  42. South Dakota
  43. Tennessee
  44. Texas
  45. Vermont
  46. Virginia
  47. Washington
  48. West Virginia
  49. Wisconsin
  50. Wyoming

Secure Website

Home - Courses - Checkout

© Copyright Sandi Kruise Inc

Sandi Kruise Insurance Training is a nationwide provider for Insurance CE and California Pre License courses .