New Hampshire State Requirements
Continuing Education Hours
- Producers: 24 CE credit hours biennially.
- Multi-line and Workers Compensation Adjusters: 20 CE credit hours biennially.
- Life Settlement and Public Adjusters: 15 CE credit hours biennially.
Course Subject Requirements
- Producers must complete at least 3 but no more than 10 hours in Ethics
- Agents wishing to sell LTC must also complete a 8-hour LTC requirement prior to selling LTC products. The LTC requirement counts towards the completion of the basic CE requirement. By the end of each consecutive renewal period, agents must complete a 4-hour "refresher" state-approved LTC course to continue selling LTC.
- Producers may not take courses approved for adjusters only.
- Multi-line adjusters may take courses approved for multi-line or workers comp.
- Workers comp adjusters must take 20 hours of multi-line courses and 10 hours of workers comp courses.
- Public Adjusters must take public adjuster courses only.
- All New Hampshire property insurance producers must complete a one-time course related to the NFIP Flood requirement. The producer licensee will receive three hours of continuing education credits for completion of this course.
Continuing Education Compliance Date
60 days prior to license expiration.
License Renewal Date
- For producers, license expiration dates will be the last day of the birth month that occurs at least 13 full months, but not more than 25 months, from the effective date of the license, expiration dates will be every 2 years thereafter.
- For Adjusters the license renewal date is 10/1 biennially.
- CE must be completed 60 days prior to license expiration to avoid penalty.
Type of courses accepted for CE Credit
Internet courses, Independent self study courses, Computer-based training courses or classroom.
Credit will not be given for a course that is repeated within a 2 year period.
Self-study final exams are not required to be monitored.
- Newly licensed individuals who passed the license exam receive an automatic credit of 30 hours to apply to the first compliance date.
- Individuals with any of the following licenses: auto physical damage/mechanical breakdown agent, motor vehicle warranty agent or title insurance agent.
- Individuals with a limited or restricted license that the commissioner as declared exempt.
- Individuals holding limited lines licenses for which an exam is not required.
- Non-residents (if they comply with their home state requirement).
Method to Certify Completion
You will be able to print your certificate of completion online once you have completed your exam. The course provider submits credits earned to CE administrator (Promissor) with $2.00 per credit hour, per student. Licensee pays $2.00 per credit hour and keeps original certificates of completion (CEA-2) in files.
A roster fee of $1.00 per CE hour is required to process course completion hours in New Hampshire and will be added to the order upon checkout.
Effective January 1, 2011: Nonresident multi-line and workers' compensation adjusters are exempt from CE based on the state in which they reside or their designated home state.
Nonresident public adjusters that do not have a continuing education requirement in their resident state must complete 15 hours of approved NH continuing education.
For Additional Information Please Contact:
New Hampshire Insurance Department
21 South Fruit Street Ste 14
Concord, NH 03301
Phone: (603)271-0203 or (877) 224-0227
Fax: (603) 271-7029
State Website: http://www.state.nh.us/insurance/
To check the status of your CE credits for your state:
*You will need to provide your name and SSN or NH License Number*
Go to http://www.promissor.com/
- 1. Under, "Find Other Services" click, "Continuing Education Tracking Services"
- 2. Select, "New Hampshire Insurance" from the pull-down menu
- 3. Scroll down to the CE-Licensee services heading and click, "Licensee Course Transcript"
- 4. Input your SSN or NH License number and the first 5 letters of your last name. (If last name is less than 5 letters, input full last name)
- 5. Click, "Submit"